• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ever notice that the one's with the handicapped stickers who obviously don't need that spot, are the same one's that leave their cart in the middle of the spot next to them when they leave? :xmad:

It's also amazing how far people will push their cart back to get their quarter back at Aldis. You'd think they had a $50 deposit on it. Several times that I've been to Aldis, I've given my cart to others and they'll try handing me a quarter. I tell them to keep it and it's like they hit the lotto. Amazing the power a quarter holds.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It's also amazing how far people will push their cart back to get their quarter back at Aldis. You'd think they had a $50 deposit on it. Several times that I've been to Aldis, I've given my cart to others and they'll try handing me a quarter. I tell them to keep it and it's like they hit the lotto. Amazing the power a quarter holds.

Free money. I'm amazed that people leave brass on the ground :)

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My wife and I were looking for a place to swim indoors in the winter and we were visiting a local "health club". Dozens of people were orbiting the lot frantically waiting for a close spot to open up, even to the extent of following others to their car as they were leaving. Wouldn't want to walk all that way before you go in for a workout after all. HAHAHAHA.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    It s a hierarchy thing. The president parks up front, senators park near the front, I'm important, I need to park up front too!
    People are idiots and don't know whats good for them!

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    I always like the "VIP" parking users at Wal-Mart. You know, the big yellow striped fire lane area right outside the front door that says NO PARKING. :noway:

Around Bloomington turning on your emergency flashers seems to be the way to park right by the front door of most establishments. :noway:

Unless you are making a delivery or are a firetruck, ambulance, or police officer I say :noway:.

I stopped by Traderbakers in Martinsville today (:noway:) and you should have seen the curb outside the front door there...:noway:.

I better go take a nap now, I feel grumpy.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    My wife and I were looking for a place to swim indoors in the winter and we were visiting a local "health club". Dozens of people were orbiting the lot frantically waiting for a close spot to open up, even to the extent of following others to their car as they were leaving. Wouldn't want to walk all that way before you go in for a workout after all. HAHAHAHA.

If you're working out right, that extra 50 feet on the walk out really hurts. I use to go to the YMCA for heavy squats and deadlift days. I wouldn't ever follow people to find a close spot but if one was open and I was doing a heavy day, I'd always take it. As far as the mall or any shopping, I always park kind of far out as I don't care if I've got to walk an extra couple hundred yards. At the gym, I was also getting there at 5:30am to swim until 7 and going back later for a 2 hour free weight and cardio workout. Not at all like most of the people I saw that would show up all primped, talk for an hour, lift for 10 minutes, and leave.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    These are probably the same lazy people that can't be bothered to walk a few extra feet to put their carts up either. Or if they do make an attempt they don't complete it. Ever notice how many people will take their carts almost to the cart corral? They will leave them beside it or in front of it. All it would take to put them up would be just a few more steps.

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    When in Ireland on vacation a while back the grocery store had the coin refund system on their carts, only it was a euro instead of a quarter. Funny, there weren't any carts left roaming the parking lot at like a $1.25 deposit! As crazy as ppl here are over a quarter can you imagine what they would do for a buck and a quarter? The only breakdown in the system is that if you flail about around the cart pick up area not knowing how to get a cart the employee standing there would unlock one for you for free. (can you say $1.25 free money?)

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Here's one: You block a major city street for an event, usually a run/walk benefit of some sort. Unfortunately, a popular workout facility is on the other side of the closed off street, two city blocks away. You tell the members, who are going to go and workout, possibly by running a few miles, playing a full game of basketball, lift weights, etc., that they would have to park on this side of the street and walk to the facility. A good number aren't happy. I mean, making them walk two blocks so they can go and run two miles, the horror!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My big gripe about parking lots are the amount of people with handicap permits hanging from their mirrors and get out and stroll up with hop and a skip to their step. Makes me wish I owned my own wrecker service with a hot line to the local PD.

Sometimes disabilities don't give any outward signs. I used to think the same as you, until I knew a couple of them. One had a bone disease(I think that what it was), and would hop and skip from a handicap spot into the store in cold weather, it was less painful for her to do so then spend the additional time in the cold. Cold weather was extremely painful for her. The other person had a digestive problem, if he parked in a handicap spot, I guarantee he was going to be hopping and skipping to the store, if not out right sprinting.

Neither one showed any sign of being disabled, or usually acted like they were. I didn't know the reason for the crip plate for the one until about 6 mo after I knew her, the other was about 2-3 weeks when he ran to my bathroom because it was about 30 feet closer. Both of them didn't use their handicap plates unless they were needed.

Or take me for an example. You might of seen me hopping and skipping into the store after parking in a handicap spot a few years back. I as a relatively youthful and healthy man. But it was right after I dropped my mother off at the door and she would reluctantly(read I got my ear chewed off for doing it) allow me to do that. But adamantly refused to let me pull the car up to the door to put the groceries in the trunk. In really nasty weather I could talk her into letting me take the groceries out and putting them away, then coming to pick her up at the door.

Also, you probably should be glad you don't own a wrecker service. If they have a permit, they can park there no matter what you think. If you towed one, you would have your ass handed too you in court. If it was a 20 year old mma fighter in perfect health, and they had a permit/plate that allowed them to do it. They would be perfectly legal to do so.

Ever notice that the one's with the handicapped stickers who obviously don't need that spot, are the same one's that leave their cart in the middle of the spot next to them when they leave? :xmad:

See above about obvious.

Heck if it's 100 yards to the door, and as was said up thread it takes less then a minute to walk 100 yards. That is at a minimum of $7.50 per hour. If your willing to pay $7.50 p/h to push your cart around, where do you live? I'll take that job or I can find others that will. Heck for 8 an hour I'll take the stuff off the shelf and put it in the cart for you. Bump it up another buck and I'll put it on the counter and unload it into your car.

Free money. I'm amazed that people leave brass on the ground :)

Agreed. Heck I pick up .22 lr for brass scrap.:)

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    My brother showed me a good one. Walk through a congested parking lot and wait till someone gets to following you waiting for you to get in your car. Get to your car and take your sweet time putting groceries away. Take cart back to corral and get in your car. Start the car, out it in reverse (they really lick there chops when they see the reverse lights). Then suddenly throw your hands up as to say ($*#!, I forgot something). Shut car off and head back inside the store.

The looks on faces are priceless, ever since he informed me of this little evil hobbby of his we have had some fun.
    :rockwoot:

That's messed up though I've never had anyone waiting for me to move out of a parking spot. I always pick the cart corral furthest from the store and park right next to it. It's perfect, then we don't have to search for one after unloading everything, and I can slide the cart into it from the side as I'm opening my door usually.;) Of course my 110lb wife hates going to the store with me.:laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My brother showed me a good one. Walk through a congested parking lot and wait till someone gets to following you waiting for you to get in your car. Get to your car and take your sweet time putting groceries away. Take cart back to corral and get in your car. Start the car, out it in reverse (they really lick there chops when they see the reverse lights). Then suddenly throw your hands up as to say ($*#!, I forgot something). Shut car off and head back inside the store.

The looks on faces are priceless, ever since he informed me of this little evil hobbby of his we have had some fun.

See! Now that sounds like something I would do.

I usually try to park on the downhill side of a cart coral or island...helps avoid the runaway carts and the a**h***s that let their doors fling into the sides of my vehicles.

And you can tell which vehicle my wife drives...it the one with the door dings and shopping cart scraps.:xmad:

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    See! Now that sounds like something I would do.

I usually try to park on the downhill side of a cart coral or island...helps avoid the runaway carts and the a**h***s that let their doors fling into the sides of my vehicles.

And you can tell which vehicle my wife drives...it the one with the door dings and shopping cart scraps.:xmad:

Amen... I thought I was the only person that examined the slopes of parking lots. My wife thinks I'm insane. I might be, but I love my truck.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I generally try to park far away from the building. It's easier to get in and out, and there's less chance that Sally Soccer Mom will hit my truck trying to squeeze into a parking space. Let the lazy people and senior citizens fight over the parking spots near the front.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My girlfriend hates that I park far away. In her defense she's 7 months pregnant haha.

Drop her off at the door you ass hole!:):

I also usually park a good distance from the store. I care more about parking close to a cart depot, so as soon as I'm done unloading I can get in my vehicle and leave.

BTW, I can't stand lazy those lazy bastards who don't return carts to their designated locations way more than those lazy bastards that wait several minutes for a close spot...Waiting for a spot for several minutes has never put a dent in my SUV.

Top Bottom