• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    It got them some headlines and fundraising.

(most likely what the point was anyway)

INDY-1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    Avon
    ^ ha.. I know it.. I get that they want online vendors to be more "inventive" but at the end of the day. Its down at the user level to be level headed. Im ok with my B date being asked for.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't blame the parents for wanting to punish everybody they possibly can. I know I've had things happen to me and I've wanted "everybody" to pay. But it's irrational. As has been mentioned on INGO many times, if every manufacturer of every legal object that has been used in an illegal act were to be punished, everybody would be shut down or in jail.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They should have sued the theater for being a gun free, psycho free fire, zone instead...

That was my thought when I read this in the linked article: "Most are against the theater's owner, arguing that it should have done more to protect patrons". This is something that rational people have been arguing for ever since GFZ's started gaining popularity. Unfortunately there is nothing rational about the anti-gunners.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    That was my thought when I read this in the linked article: "Most are against the theater's owner, arguing that it should have done more to protect patrons". This is something that rational people have been arguing for ever since GFZ's started gaining popularity. Unfortunately there is nothing rational about the anti-gunners.

Well that is certainly true. They are the people arguing that government is the solution for every problem, even when it has been proven through all of civilizations history that it is most often not.

Despite the reality of its daily failures they keep calling for more...by the time government would be able to have stopped this event the restrictions created by that government would probably have not allowed the showing of the movie to begin with.

Citizen, defend thyself - is the most effective, efficient, and freedom preserving call.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Suing the ammo manufacturer after a shooting is akin to suing Mobil oil for making gasoline after a car accident.

What a great idea! Hey, I've fueled up at several locations so the gas in my truck is probably some amalgam of multiple manufacturers who never tested their potential mixture against the potential of its crashing me into a tree...probably caused my son to run it into the ditch during a recent blizzard...there a millions to be made here!

:nopity:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN

I am wondering if maybe they have a case with respect to the Cinema's liability, and not because it's a GFZ. My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that Holmes entered the theater with everyone else, through the proper entrance. Once inside, he snuck out the fire exit to gun up, propping the door open so he could get back in. If there was a requirement for fire exit doors to sound an alarm when they are opened, and the Cinema's door did not, there might be an argument for liability. I can see where a movie theater doesn't want the cost of having to evacuate the theater every time some bozo tries sneak his friends in for a free movie, though. Just speculatin"

Top Bottom