• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    My wifes cousin was married Saturday and their reception was at Primo's in Plainfield. There was a 7 footer holding the door for my family and was none other than Rick Smitts!!!:rockwoot:He was at another function in an adjoing banquet room.

As always he was very gracious and took time with our kids making small talk and answering some questions. We used to see him in PizzaHut in Mooresville before it closed up and moved North and he was always a gentleman.

He even remembered a nephew by name that was in some of his camps a few years ago.

If only the modern day Pacers could act accordingly and stay out of trouble!!!:draw:

Last edited:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    He's into dirt bikes and buys them at Dryer Honda on Washington St. He is super cool with the employees there even allowing some of them to come ride on his property.

I only saw him once at a motorcycle swap meet and he was wearing beat up old clothes and was super nice to everyone. He acted like and was treated just like everyone else there. Not an ego in sight.

My mom was also behind him in line at a grocery store somewhere.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When I worked at Galyan's (Pike Plaza store), he would come in to buy clays and ammo. I showed him a few guns (I sold a Remington 552 to Chuck Pearson of the Pacers), but he only bought ammo (.22s and shotshells).

The hunting and fishing department was upstairs. Smits had to walk up and down sideways as his feet were too large for the steps. He would walk down holding 3 cases of clays and always decline offers of assistance.

Top Bottom