• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    We have not transitioned yet. I have heard the first group of guns have arrived and been placed in our vault. We are looking at spring before we transition to the new guns.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Short Update:
    1) Roughly 300+ rounds, all types of FMJ + HP, not a single malfunction, really liking the P227, a pleasure to shoot.
    2) The P250 mags work, just have to remove the lip on the plastic plate. Took me <5 minutes with a dremel.

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ISP has begun scheduling the transition process. I go through the 4 day course the last week of April.
    I did shoot one ours last week. A very nice gun for sure. The double action was a weeeeee bit long and heavy but it probably felt that way since it's been a long time since I shot DA/SA. And to hear the phrase "De-cock and holster," was a way back moment for me.
    I like the p227. Felt much better in the hand than the 21 and shot more naturally if that makes sense. The word is, these 227 will be the loooong term firearm for the ISP so it'll be a nice retirement gun for prob 99% of the officers on the dept.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    How is the grip girth compared to the M&P45? I too have short sausage fingers and it is rare to find a comfortable dbl stack 45 for me.

My hands are smaller, I have no issues. Maybe a bit bigger (wider, just slightly), than M&P. I have both, just compared, my finger hits same place on Sig as M&P.

Well I answered my own question. I do not know how Sig did it but this its the first Sig that feels oh so good in my hand. Played with one briefly at Meeks in Ft Branch and when I gripped the pistol my index finger fell perfectly on the trigger. Doesn't do that on my P229 w/ E2 or any 226 I've held.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    WOW, Great Gun! I am a Big Fan of the Sig Sauer made guns. Can't afford a P227 but I will be getting a used SP2022 pretty soon. ;-) congrats on the New gun!

jgott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    I can't say enough about the P227. I have a large hand and this piece just fits right. I love it.

Top Bottom