• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Ah man, I just sold my P30.... lol, great gun, I am just switching over to 45. Yeah when I bought the P30 it was only because I was able to get a better deal on it compared to the 226 I was looking at during that time. Of course after I bought it I am glad I choose it. It was the better choice for me. But, this Sig 1911 really has hit the sweet spot for me though. :) Either Sig or HK you cant go wrong.... even if you get the rare "lemon" from sig you can easily send it in and get one that will work forever!

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Is Freedom Arms that place over by Midnight Blue towing off of North St?

The one in the link to Buds is the EXACT same one Ive had my eye on. It just feels perfect in my hand. The older ones didn't feel as good for some reason? Maybe the grip angle is different? I dont know enough about sigs to know what they have changed from generation to generation.

The shop I always go to treats me VERY well every time I go, so I almost feel bad about going anywhere else. Ive never bought a gun online either, so that process is all new to me. I know my local shop will charge me a transfer fee, but other than that, I have no idea what to do. Any advice not that would be greatly appreciated, because that one from Buds seems like a killer deal!!

Online is easy and yes Freedom Arms is the place on north ave by midnight. Wally is a good guy and a fair one as well. His transfer free will be one of the best around. Front Toward Enemy is great to use as well and he is on Ingo also. He does some sick jewel work. I do go to Westforths from time to time. They have some interesting stuff now and then. I dont like the older sigs much eather because of the mag base. It digs into my pinky. The newer mags seem a bit better though. Feel free to pm me anytime or with a questions reguarding the online buys. Its far easier than you would think.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Online is easy and yes Freedom Arms is the place on north ave by midnight. Wally is a good guy and a fair one as well. His transfer free will be one of the best around. Front Toward Enemy is great to use as well and he is on Ingo also. He does some sick jewel work. I do go to Westforths from time to time. They have some interesting stuff now and then. I dont like the older sigs much eather because of the mag base. It digs into my pinky. The newer mags seem a bit better though. Feel free to pm me anytime or with a questions reguarding the online buys. Its far easier than you would think.

I think ill head in there tomorrow and see what they have over at Freedom Arms. Its close enough to me, I might as well give it a shot. And at worst case I can talk to him about his transfers in case I do buy online. Thanks for all of the help, it is greatly appreciated!! Hopefully Ill have a SIG soon!!!

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    Sig's are wonderful guns.

And the P226 stands out as one of the best.

Here's my P226 Swiss Police Trade in in 9mm.

It was a little rough .. I paid $350 for it.

SigSauerP2262.jpg

I had a CCR slide job done on it and added Hogue Aluminum Grips.

It's great looking and a solid shooter.

Here's my Sig P226 X5 - you don't want to know what I paid for it :D

SigSauerP226X5b.jpg

Both are accurate as heck .. the X5 is a tack driver.

Every serious shooter should own a Sig P226 at sometime in their life's.

:cool:

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point

That my friend, is a BEAUTIFUL Sig P226. I would LOVE to own that pistol!

Ive been looking for a used one for the last week or so, since so many people said they can be had for much cheaper than I was looking at paying.

AND, my wonderful wife threw another wrench in the mix. She told me just to get a 1911. Ive wanted a 1911 for a very long time, but wanted to get other guns first before I popped for a really expensive handgun. She said if I wanted a 1911, to just buy one. So while looking at used 226's, I've been looking at Sig 1911's as well. This is a good problem to have, but I have to choose one or the other for right now... HELP!!!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Here's my Sig P226 X5 - you don't want to know what I paid for it :D

SigSauerP226X5b.jpg

Both are accurate as heck .. the X5 is a tack driver.

Every serious shooter should own a Sig P226 at sometime in their life's.

My X-5 Allround is wearing stock grips, which work fine, but I do like the look of those grips on yours...do you mind if I ask where you found them?

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    @ GAM3INO - thank you for the compliment - it looked rough when I bought it :D

Now it's oe of my favorite guns and with a Swiss Police History to it.

@ rockhopper46038 - My X5 is a all around too ... love it.

Those are standard P226 Hogue Aluminum Grips

- I bought from Sig - they had a sale - cost $90 -

I had to drimmel a little on the inside bottom of the grips to make them fit over a ridge on the X5 frame -

took 5 minutes & was very easy to do.

Top Bottom