• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    Ok I just got a Walther P22 5". I have a few questions/statement.

First off, I am assuming it dosent have a decocker. That being said, when I rack the slide with the gun on safe and the mag in I can lower the hammer with the trigger. i.e. lower hammer with thumb and lightly squeezing the trigger. BUT when I do the same with no mag in place I can drop the hammer the same way. Is this a normal P22 thing. Keep in mind I own a Beretta 96(decocker) and a Kel-tec PF-9( internal hammer DA-only). I am not a complete noob but have never really messed with a P22 til this one.

Next question. The way I understand it I can just switch barrels and make take the barrel shroud off and make it a 3.4" gun. Is this true?

Next The curent barrel is threaded so can I just get a can(silencer) or do I need some kind of adapter?

Thanks guys!!:ar15::popcorn:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I can't say for sure on the first question, almost sounds like the mag safety has been removed. I don't own one anymore or I would investigate further.

Some P22's came with both size's of barrels/shrouds. It's a swap, not a take part of it off kinda thing.

The stock barrel threads are m8x.75 iirc it's function is holding the shroud on which in turn holds the barrel in the action block/frame. Several manufactures sell adapters that replace the stock barrel nut and give you the common 1/2" x 28 tpi suppressor thread.

I have a pdf of the "P22 Bible" that I can email if needed, it is also available on the net if you search around a bit. It list pretty much all of the mods/issues/tricks for the P22.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My P22 has a mag safety - you cannot drop the hammer unless a mag is in place. I'm not sure if older P22's are the same (mine is less than a year old). Has your mag safety been removed or broken?

Pretty sure that is correct on the barrel swap.

Search for "p22 bible" on this site. It has been posted several times. Lots of good info there.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Yes, the P22 does have mag safety - how do I know that?

I removed mine for easier mag changes. Besides, this pistol has way too many safeties.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    My hammer will not drop without a mag. Sorry if I didnt make that clear. I guess that was my concern that it didnt but now I know everyones is the same as mine. Thanks guys!!

I havent shot but a few rds thru this yet but I think I am going to like it!

One more question, mine has the "nickle" slide, is it really nickle or is it zinc? I have been reading that some of the slides are zinc. Is this just the blued slides or is the nickle slides also.

Thanks

Last edited:

wanderer32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    South, Louisiana
    Yes, your 5" P22 can be converted to a 3.4" by getting the 3.4" barrel kit and just leaving the end extension off the gun. Remove the site from the extension and place it in the main slide end where there is a filler and you are good to go. This way you have the long gun or the pocket gun all in one. And yes you do need the thread adapter to convert barrel end to the 1/2" 28tpi of the standard suppressors. This adapter is usually between 18 and 32 dollars depending upon place of purchase.

Top Bottom