• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    Man o man saturday was totaly jam packed no room to walk hardlt and you couldnt realy see much,even though i tradeed a few guns with a friend whose a dealer ,Thanks John Dellacca, and bought a couple nnew ones such as a Ruger 77/17 w/a simmons 6x24x50 scope,2xtra clips,3 boxes of shells for $425 which i tought was a good deal by the time you factor in $45 shells,$50 in xtra clips brings the scoped gun down to $330 , also bought a savage model 93 22mag for $145 witha 3x9x40 bushnell scope all in all a good day but man was it crowded ,made it hard to look at things only seen about 1/3 of the booths

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Yes it was way crowded. I had more trouble with people that were trying to sell long guns... hello, watch your barrel! Saw more than a couple people get whacked with a stray barrel.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Yes it was way crowded. I had more trouble with people that were trying to sell long guns... hello, watch your barrel! Saw more than a couple people get whacked with a stray barrel.

Amen Brother! And when you DON'T watch your barrel and hit me in the face with it stow your attitude when I say something to you about it!

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo

You guys are correct , it was a mad house.
    I hate the guys who stand in the middle of the aisle and talk ,try to trade or sell ,holding up the entire aisleway.

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    when people ask to see what im carrying i ask them to follow me to the far end of the building so no one is bothered by us being in the way, but today was uncomfortable and unbarable. I enjoy a gunshow BUT today was the worst we were uncomfortable and so was the vendors

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have been to quite a few 1500 shows, never had to park so far away and was amazed by the line around the building at 12:00 I did not go in.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OP you said the word......................"clips":ugh::D

pixle.jpg

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I agree with it all. It was my first 1500 and I had a hard time seeing anything. I could tell there were some good deals but unless you knew what you were after it was tough. Over all it was a cool experience and next time I might try to go on Friday afternoon. It might be a good idea to move it to a larger area. They obviously have the patrons to warrant a larger space. :twocents:

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The space between tables is just too small for the crowds they are getting. It was ok from about 8-9 but it got busy after that. We left around 10 and saw the line wrapped around the building.

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Friday evening was much more enjoyable. Walked right in & had room to move even though it was busy. Saturday was chaos, though. Pretty intense for my first 1500 visit.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    There was a time years ago, that the show used (2) different buildings. Believe it or not, the show was bigger and so was the crowd. There was just more room for everyone (vendors and customers alike).

There weren't as many weekend fair ground activities competing for space back then.

Plenty of parking space, right next to the show. Those were the days. lol.

There will always be a challenge to the 2nd Ammendment, with modern tragedies involving firearms. Nothing new.

Don't forget the first President Bush and Clinton era concerning firearms.

Last edited:

marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    The 1500 needs to seriously consider a larger venue. It's getting way to crowded in the winter months for sure. It's the only thing people have to do when it's cold. Theres plenty of following to review it. I bought 3 day pass and it was the same way on Friday. Tomorrow will be more of the same in the afternoon after people get back from Sunday service. Late Sunday before closing is the best bargaining in town. I LOVE IT....

Top Bottom