Outstanding range trip today! We got to shoot with a future three gun champ!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Finally got out to the range today, whew it had been too long. I hate to wash the smell of burnt powder off.
    The kid got to run his cricket and did rather well worked with him on his positions and fundamentals.
    In the end he was doing real well in the sitting and kneeling positions and did a great job on his accuracy.
    His safe handling was real good occasionally had to remind him of his muzzle and on a couple of occasions his trigger finger but all in all he did great for a 7 year old.
    We are going to try to do this once a month now. The kid is all for it but we may have to look at one of the M&P 15's for later, he ran the drills a few times with his cricket and it was just as fun but took him a while.

He did get a special treat today and I have to say this is what impressed me most. The guys and I were doing some movement and cover drills. and the Boy watched patiently till he got thoroughly bored and hungry. We were about to wrap up when he said he wanted to try what we were doing.
    I was a bit skeptical but after a little thought decided to let him try.
    We got the GSG back out and ran him through operation and safety again. then walked him through the course.
    After a couple of dry runs I walked him through live. He went with the GSG and this motivated the guys to go again so while they went. The boy and I talked and we went through with a couple of other rimfires and again he did rather well. I'm pretty proud of him.
    He ran the GSG a Sig 522 and then the Sig Mosquito with a can. He had too much fun today thats for sure. Took a looong nap.

rangetrip009.jpg

rangetrip026.jpg

rangetrip028.jpg

rangetrip024.jpg

Movie of one of the kids 3rd or fourth run.

rangetrip030.flv video by Gungho_1989 - Photobucket

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I agree the best part was his enjoying dads hobby, The sling became apparent today we tried to modify on of our UERT's but just didn't work.
    He will have a Junior Size Urban Ert coming in with the next order though.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Very nice!!

I'm not sure if you were the kind sir that backed up for me to get by on the gravel road or not, but if so "Thanks" I think the truck that did had a young fella in there.

I was on pistol bay 1 for an hr and half or so :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Top Bottom