• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm looking for an outdoor range where I can shoot .223 rifles and skeet/trap during the week. I get out of work at 5 so these places that close at 6 dont really work. I work in greenfield and live in Greenwood, so anywhere in between or around works best. I've seen the site for Hamilton County F&G, but nowhere does it say if you can skeet/trap shoot.
    Any recommendations?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Wilbur Wright gun range is out near that area (near the Wilbur Wright museum). I don't know if they have skeet but have a 25 yard range and a 50 yard range and are considering a 100 yard range.... Almost knobody is there during the day on week days.

I think they close at dark but am not sure.

Last edited:

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    there is a skeet range. i shoot there all the time. nice range if you can swallow your pride in dealing with power drunk range officers.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    fall creek valley conservation club in markelville (between anderson and pendleton ) fcvcc.org trap on tuesday night and range is open rain or shine every day of the week except during trap on tuesdays and during league shoots

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club closes their ranges a lot. Tuesday they close at 5:00 for trap, Wednesday at 4:00 for small bore league, Thursday at 6:00 for high power league and on Sunday you would need to check their calender. Monday, Friday and Saturday is open.

Splix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    That is the #1 reason I'm not a member...yet. They close too often for me. Ya its cool they have a lot going on, but...sometimes you want to just throw the AR in the trunk and head out and not worry about "oh **** what day is it, what time is it, etc." If I joined FCVCC, I would be able to shoot only 1 day out of the week there. :/
    I'm still looking for a good place around indy to shoot my .223 at least 200-300 yards.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Wilbur Wright gun range is out near that area (near the Wilbur Wright museum). I don't know if they have skeet but have a 25 yard range and a 50 yard range and are considering a 100 yard range.... Almost knobody is there during the day on week days.

I think they close at dark but am not sure.

Where is it located? Do you have to go with a member and then join or can you go on your own and sign up? Thanks..

HollowPoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    At WW they do have a covered shooting area for the 50 yard range. I would like to see DNR add a 100 yard range .

Top Bottom