• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hmmm, I have lost several co-workers to GSW in my 15yrs here in Indy. I have had about a dozen co-workers shot and survived. There is a co worker right now with a broken spine due to a drunk driver hit him as he was arriving to the crash scene the drunk driver was fleeing from. How about the female officer who was run over a couple of years ago. 20 surgeries later and she is still not back to full duty yet. This is all just who I work with. I have more stories but it is time for bed. Thanks to modern medicine, we are surviving more assaults than ever. Just ask Fishburn...my friend who lost the front of his brain to a GSW. A few years earlier and that was fatal. Since he survived he doesn't count. He doesn't even know why he recognizes me...don't say we exagerate. Many talk the talk on here when it comes to facing active human aggression but there are those of us who can walk the walk day after day.

I'm sorry for your friends and coworkers and I do know your job is dangerous although I stick by my view of exaggeration. The focus of my comment still centered on DV calls and armed citizens BTW.

I drive 6k miles or so a month in a medium sized rental car. If taking a bet on who gets injured or dies on the job, I'm going with the car accident.

I'm sure the talk the talk comment was a generalization. You don't know me from adam.

G'nite Denny

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    fat-cop-4-.jpg

Denny347.

He has the fighting spirit.

Stop resisting.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Denny 347 is one of the good guys here. He went out of his way to explain his side the best he could. I know I certainly do not agree with him all the time but I agree with him most of the time.

He is one of the few officers that is willing to step into some of these debates and for that Denny I thank you. Keep up the good work.

All this from a guy like me that does not have a lot of use for LEO because of the few that ruin it for the others.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    All this from a guy like me that does not have a lot of use for LEO because of the few that ruin it for the others.

I'm mostly in agreement with you. The only minor difference would be...there are stupid and evil people everywhere in every profession. The people that ruin it for the others are the ones who allow it to continue and don't take out their own garbage.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Dom, Completely unnecessary post. I wish we had negative rep, but since we don't, -1 to you.

Denny, thank you for your input.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Dom, Completely unnecessary post. I wish we had negative rep, but since we don't, -1 to you.

Denny, thank you for your input.

I'll let Dom speak for himself, but I thought he was just poking fun based on what Denny had posted up thread.

Yeah, Denny thanks for your perspective. As somebody that, fortunately has had very little first hand brushes with the legal system, I appreciate all the LEO's input on these sorts of topics.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I assume you all have reason to doubt the OP? Or is this just 6 more examples of Gun Owners mentally excusing the cops by saying there has to be more to the story? Cause let's face it the cops would NEVER trample all over somebody's right just cause they can right?

Ok, this is what doesn't sit right with me. OP admits that he has been Oc'ing around the house for the past few days due to the break-in. I get that. What mad "this" day more special than the previous days since the break-in? For what reason would a concerned citizen call on "this" particular day, and not the others? Something seems to be missing.

OP was running late to work, and undoubtedly had a lil urgency in his step (hence him not being able to store his firearm in his vehicle as he typically does). At what point did the citizen who made this call, report it to 911?
    As I have read repeatedly, when seconds count, police are minutes away. Is it plausible to believe that after the call was made by the "concerned citizen," there's a kiss, a goodbye, backing out the driveway, and then OP gets blocked in at the edge of the road? That's what I call an awesome response time.

OP had, as necessitated in backing up, his hands on the steering wheel correct. Per the story, an officer "jumps" out of his car; which to me would indicate urgency on the officers part. Perhaps SBPD aren't trained like many PD's but allowing someone to take their hands off the steering wheel to turn off their car (ie hand out of view) as an officer approaches, is a big no, no.... and the the angel in Heaven will hear my commands and I yell "show me your hands!" If the officer had alread arrived at the door, then there would be no need for the OP to put both his hands out of the window after turning off the vehicle, as officers would have full view of a person's hands and would be asking a person to exit the vehicle (which is kinda hard to do when your hands are outside of the window).

Ok, OP is put up against his car (cuffed or uncuffed?), they take his items, and run the serial numbers on the weapon. Ok, what else did they do. As a matter of habit I would assume that they would have taken your driver's license and ran that (along with the wife's), and asked if you had a permit. Did these guys not do this?

In a later post, the OP indicates that a female officer was disrespectful to his wife calling her stupid and that her story was unbelievable. Is this, of course not the original responding officer that disarmed the OP originally. At what point did the female officer receive the firearm and at what point did she interview the OP's wife? And why weren't the other officers handling the weapon while the interviews were being conducted?

According to the OP, it appears that there was a big pow-wow around him while he was being disarmed, and his cries of "I do not consent to a search," are being met with laughter. So all these officers were disarming him laughing, while the other party (the wife) is doing what.....? Or was the female officer already speaking to her, at that time, and the gun magically ends up in her hands?

And what officer tells a suspect of domestic violence that they got calls that someone was "intimidating and beating their wife." That's another huge no,no as it can escalate the issue. I've been on my fair share of DV situations, and have never flat out told someone that they were "intimidating or beating" someone else (what officer actually uses "intimidating?"). The typical wording, is "disturbance" or "disagreement," and work it up from there. Referring to a "beating" is always met with a denial.... asking if someone "touched, bumped, maybe pushed" is more likely to get an honest response...

...Geez, I can go on and on about this story, but I think most get the gist. The OP story maybe 100% factual, but his ability to recall it in written form is something less than desired. That said, I find the narrative VERY difficult to believe.

This is a narrative told from one side. How are we to know what is factual, and what is not? It's not like were going to get any case numbers or any specifics concerning this. Such is the internet.

One question to the OP, do you have the name of a single officer present? I would like to think that given this 45 minute encounter, and the grief you were put through, you could surely recall the name of the lead officer or someone else. Perhaps they can be convinced to chime in one this.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    I have no desire to give every single detail, I still would like to protect myself. The story is 100% true, I tire of defending myself. Read my posts, I have always been a reasonable member here. They did not run my id or my wifes, why does it matter how the female officer got the weapon from the original officer? She used the transporter from star trek...I mean come on, all because I didnt spend four hours writing every single tiny detail here does not mean the story is false. Again, I am tired of defendimg my self. I really dont care if anyone believes me, I thought fellow 2a supporters would want to know of a jbt violationing my 4a and 2a rights.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I have no reason to disbelieve you, OP. But other than commiserating, there's nothing I can do to help other than reiterate that you should file a complaint and if you feel strongly enough about what happened (and I would) you should speak to a lawyer. Instances like you described that go unchallenged do not serve to change that type of behavior.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have no desire to give every single detail, I still would like to protect myself. The story is 100% true, I tire of defending myself. Read my posts, I have always been a reasonable member here. They did not run my id or my wifes, why does it matter how the female officer got the weapon from the original officer? She used the transporter from star trek...I mean come on, all because I didnt spend four hours writing every single tiny detail here does not mean the story is false. Again, I am tired of defendimg my self. I really dont care if anyone believes me, I thought fellow 2a supporters would want to know of a jbt violationing my 4a and 2a rights.

As of right now you have not produced any evidence that the "jbts" violated anything of yours. Rude? According to your story, yes, but don't they have 1A rights to free speech?

You don't even have all sides of the story so expecting a bunch of intelligent, adamant liberty and Constitution supporters to jump on your side with a quickly written and half complete story is a little much.

I DON'T agree with the LEO's response as you have it written, but you also don't show any evidence of them violating your rights. Sorry.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Sorry guys if the pic was in bad taste, I was attempting to goof on Dennys use of ... bravado when it comes to the beat down.

"You seeking retribution would only turn VERY BADLY for you. "Being mistreated" is a very broad phrase. Mistreated how? For example, if I arrest you (with PC) and you feel that I have no PC, that you are innocent, you want to legally resist me? Ain't gonna happen. You will lose and the magnitude of your loss will be based on your level of resistance. When it comes to resistors, I WIN!!! Every time."

Sorry, if you dont see humor in a cop that talks like hulk hogan before a WWF fight, my humor bone must be broken today.

mea culpa

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sorry guys if the pic was in bad taste, I was attempting to goof on Dennys use of ... bravado when it comes to the beat down.

"You seeking retribution would only turn VERY BADLY for you. "Being mistreated" is a very broad phrase. Mistreated how? For example, if I arrest you (with PC) and you feel that I have no PC, that you are innocent, you want to legally resist me? Ain't gonna happen. You will lose and the magnitude of your loss will be based on your level of resistance. When it comes to resistors, I WIN!!! Every time."

Sorry, if you dont see humor in a cop that talks like hulk hogan before a WWF fight, my humor bone must be broken today.

mea culpa

It's ok, you're still jazzed about that old dude stealing that other dude's gun in front of you while you froze.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    It's ok, you're still jazzed about that old dude stealing that other dude's gun in front of you while you froze.

Exactly. Call me Mr. Popsicle.

The choice of picture was also limited, Denny mentioned being in shape, because he gets paid to win fights, and I DISCOVERED if you type in ...

"Muscle Bound Cop"

to Google Image Search you get a TON of naked dudes with erect sexual organs.

Not sure about that, so I went with the only non-gay image I could find.

Drive by humor doesnt always win. :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Exactly. Call me Mr. Popsicle.

The choice of picture was also limited, Denny mentioned being in shape, because he gets paid to win fights, and I DISCOVERED if you type in ...

"Muscle Bound Cop"

to Google Image Search you get a TON of naked dudes with erect sexual organs.

Not sure about that, so I went with the only non-gay image I could find.

Drive by humor doesnt always win. :dunno:

:laugh::)::lol2::lmfao::flasher::gheyhi:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    As I've stated before.

You are better off keeping the specifics of any encounters to yourself instead of posting them on an open internet forum. Let the people that live in your area figure out on their own about how local Government and LE operate. It's not worth the hassle to try and defend yourself after you've chosen to post an AAR.

Do what you feel is necessary, through the proper legal channels if you indeed feel that you have been wronged and anyone else here can do the same.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    As I've stated before.

You are better off keeping the specifics of any encounters to yourself instead of posting them on an open internet forum. Let the people that live in your area figure out on their own about how local Government and LE operate. It's not worth the hassle to try and defend yourself after you've chosen to post an AAR.

I cannot stress enough how great of advice this is in the long run. As much as it sucks for everyone else, the details should be kept to yourself until it is resolved.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

mea culpa
    Hey, I LOVE humor...it keeps me sane. But I would rather not be associated with the pic of a violent assault. I have never done that, never would, nor condone those who do. What would you rather I say? I CAN'T lose a fight. I have friends/co-workers who lost their fights and they ended up either in the hospital for a long time or dead. Over the winter my buddy was shot in the pelvis when stopping a robbery suspect. He had enough "bravado" to return fire that resulted in the death of the suspect. We train to win. I don't understand why that is wrong. I am a a trainer for firearms, defensive tactics, and CrossFit. None of those disciplines train us to lose. Thankfully, it has been awhile since I have had to fight anyone.

Top Bottom