• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    So I have some out of town traveling to do in IL....Now, I know I cant "carry" my gun on my person; however if I'm reading the law correctly I can transport it across state lines and have it in my hotel room. Does anyone have any confirming info on this? Planning on calling IL PD tomorrow however not sure if theyll even know...I've checked out the IL PD website and the NRA-ILA and like I said, I think I'm ok....of course gotta be unloaded and locked in case broken down etc etc....might as well have a brick....but still.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I know you are Ok to have it in your car as long as you don't carry it on your person outside of your car.
    Not sure how that would work though, transporting it to your hotel room.
    Unload it, put it in a case, stuff it in your suitcase, then carry it into your hotel....?
    Keep the loaded mag separate and/or unload the mag too... just thinking out loud here.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I know you are Ok to have it in your car as long as you don't carry it on your person outside of your car.
    Not sure how that would work though, transporting it to your hotel room.
    Unload it, put it in a case, stuff it in your suitcase, then carry it into your hotel....?
    Keep the loaded mag separate and/or unload the mag too... just thinking out loud here.

No I think you're correct. I believe as long as it's not on my person, in my luggage is fine with it locked up.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Yes, inside the vehicle or on your person, while inside the vehicle. Can be loaded. Just don't exit the vehicle with it on you. I think many states view a hotel room as an "extension" of your home, if you will. I researched some time back so I don't remember all the details.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    With a permit from your home state the firearm is legal to be carried loaded inside your vehicle as long as it is still concealed. The loaded firearm must not leave the vehicle. To transport the firearm from your vehicle to your hotel room it must be unloaded and inside a case. If a semi-auto you must remove the magazine and clear the gun. It is now unloaded, you do not need to unload the magazine and the loaded magazine may be inside the case with the firearm. The state of Illinois does not regulate the transportation of ammunition.
    Illinois is not a "duty to inform" state but if asked by an officer you must then declare the firearm. Jim.
    user_online.gif
    progress.gif

Top Bottom