• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Lets see some creative, easy to access, firearm hiding places.

Here's mine; The dining room / computer table. (No kids)

dscn4483f.jpg

Davis DM-22
    dscn4485z.jpg

dscn4490.jpg

Harddrive read arm magnets
    dscn4486w.jpg

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I love hard drive magnets. Sometimes when Im bored I throw them at my truck from a distance just to see them stick and how they just sorta well Im not sure how to explain it but its like it seeks the steel out and its cool. Good job though :rockwoot: I dont have anything that creative I just got a 10 gauge propped up and my EDC is usually on my hip so I dont really hide any. Too afraid Id forget where I put em :n00b:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Nice little gun and cute cat.
    What caliber is that (the gun not the cat)?
    I dont really hide guns around, it's either on plain sight if im around or locked away in a safe if im away.
    Definitely a big no-no if you have kids or even untrained and/or not mature adults.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Nice little gun and cute cat.
    What caliber is that (the gun not the cat)?
    I dont really hide guns around, it's either on plain sight if im around or locked away in a safe if im away.
    Definitely a big no-no if you have kids or even untrained and/or not mature adults.

It's a Davis DM-22 .22 Magnum.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Why not nessecarly a hiding place, you could attach a magnet, Fobus, or cheap Kydex holster under the dash/near the steering colum (location obviously depends on vehicle type) for quick access to your side arm when in your vehicle.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I don't really hide guns around the house, I just have one on me all the time.

Why not nessecarly a hiding place, you could attach a magnet, Fobus, or cheap Kydex holster under the dash/near the steering colum (location obviously depends on vehicle type) for quick access to your side arm when in your vehicle.

They make mounts for that exact purpose. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

ETA: Found It

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I don't have kids, and I do have guns everywhere. With it just being me and my fiancee, I'm not worried about it. She knows how to use them all, (even up to the AK and Mossberg 500,) and knows where they all are.

Incidentally, we don't entertain visitors much, and when we do, they are always close friends who understand us, and understand that they are not toys to be handled. If our friends were anything else....well, they wouldn't be our friends.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I don't have kids, and I do have guns everywhere. With it just being me and my fiancee, I'm not worried about it. She knows how to use them all, (even up to the AK and Mossberg 500,) and knows where they all are.

Incidentally, we don't entertain visitors much, and when we do, they are always close friends who understand us, and understand that they are not toys to be handled. If our friends were anything else....well, they wouldn't be our friends.

That is the same situation as us, except we are married and we have an SKS and 870. :D

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I don't really hide guns around the house, I just have one on me all the time.

They make mounts for that exact purpose. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

ETA: Found It

universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount.jpg

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I keep a pistol in my underwear drawer. I'd like to have guns all around, but my kids bring over friends all the time. The oldest brought 4 teens males over last weekend (they took over the basement - thank God for the big house). All my kids are familiar with guns but I'm very uncomfortable when the crew comes over. But I have considered making a hidden vault or something in a central area.

Top Bottom