• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    good luck with the new addition...we sell a LOT of them, esp when Zionsville is pulling their school project's.....keep the habitat clean and moist and have extra shells for Darth to move into when he grows.....and have fun

I think I have all of that under control so far, but thanks!:yesway:

Do you have any idea what a good paint would be to paint a potential new home for Darth?

Xander saw a Spiderman shell in it's cage at the store, had to have it, got it, but it is too small. I have a perfect (larger) shell to paint that Darth can use, but I don't want to use something that could be harmful.

Would anything nontoxic work?

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I think I have all of that under control so far, but thanks!:yesway:

Do you have any idea what a good paint would be to paint a potential new home for Darth?

Xander saw a Spiderman shell in it's cage at the store, had to have it, got it, but it is too small. I have a perfect (larger) shell to paint that Darth can use, but I don't want to use something that could be harmful.

Would anything nontoxic work?

yeah, anything nontoxic would be fine..we get ALL kinds of weird shells in... different paint jobs, googly eyes...really weird one's made to look like animal faces...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    yeah, anything nontoxic would be fine..we get ALL kinds of weird shells in... different paint jobs, googly eyes...really weird one's made to look like animal faces...

Thanks.:yesway:

Painting the shell red with a black spider web would make Xander's day! I'll go get some paint tomorrow.

Rachel,

Go get Callie a "mermit" crab ASAP.

This thing is awesome. I've been playing with it for about an hour and it's cracking me up.

It seems like all they do is sleep, but the second you get it out of its cage and sit it on your hand, it is wide awake and crawling everywhere.

Just don't leave it in the same room with Callie unsupervised or you'll be in search of a new "pet" again.:): They aren't the sturdiest of creatures.:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    As a youngster I had a traumatizing experience with my hermit crab. I went to get him out of his cage one day and when I picked up the shell he slid out dead as a door nail. They are a pretty neat pet to have though. Fairly low maintenance.

I hate to add to your already traumatic experience, but in the interest of saving any other hermit crab owners some heartache....

Hermit crabs sometimes hibernate when the molt their skin and/or change shells. They appear as if dead, but you should wait 3-4 days before declaring them dead.

A friend of mine had a crab that sat there motionless for at least 4 days. She went to, uhm, dispose of him, and found him in his shell, quite alive, with the exoskeleton he had molted next to him on the sand.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I hate to add to your already traumatic experience, but in the interest of saving any other hermit crab owners some heartache....

Hermit crabs sometimes hibernate when the molt their skin and/or change shells. They appear as if dead, but you should wait 3-4 days before declaring them dead.

A friend of mine had a crab that sat there motionless for at least 4 days. She went to, uhm, dispose of him, and found him in his shell, quite alive, with the exoskeleton he had molted next to him on the sand.

LOL LOL LOL...Poor Goosepond.:laugh:

BTW, thank you very much for the tip! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville

Dang...I'm trying to remember if I flushed him, trashed him or threw him outside. The way he slid out of the shell he appeared very dead.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    How much has the mermit crab and its accesories set you back?

Your gonna replace this:

picture.php

With this?

DSC_3515.jpg

I would guess the pen is easier to clean.

Top Bottom