• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm not very well schooled on the wonders of the UAW, so it's time for the "stupid question of the day"...

What keeps GM from telling the UAW to screw themselves and simply hire other Americans that are begging for jobs? Would all the knowledge of how to build a car leave with the UAW or something? Help me understand.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    They are contractually obligated to the UAW. And the UAW has the "law" of the politicians on their side. The president would never allow the car manufacturers to back out of their contracts with the UAW. The car manufacturers have to negotiate new contracts with the UAW. Which by the way isn't going very well because the president backs the UAW.

It is a bit more complicated than how I described it but it's a good start.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Yeah but they keep pulling that same lever on voting day. Now look what it's got us. Where's the promised jobs? Oh he was promising jobs to China.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah but they keep pulling that same lever on voting day. Now look what it's got us. Where's the promised jobs? Oh he was promising jobs to China.

I don't get it, you would think the unions would support a president that is going to keep jobs in the US. Look at Clinton and NAFTA, the jobs that left were mainly union jobs. Now look at what Obama did, the jobs that are leaving are union jobs.

Even if they vote republican at least they can have a chance to compete for jobs in their own country.

Think about it! It shouldn't matter if your pro union or pro merit shop, you should be pro jobs. Quit voting for presidents that send good jobs overseas!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    The UAW and the Democrats are locked in a death grip.
    Did you ever see two bucks get their atlers locked together while fighting?.... sometimes they both die. We are witnessing the death struggle of these two political "allies".

So, which one will kill the other. Any bets???:popcorn:

Top Bottom