• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Yep the Technical Canter and Plant 1 are shut down untill further notice. The houses along Hall creek by the Tech Center were totally sumerged. The GOB/FSP was ok (were I work). But We took a drive around town today, and oh my, the devastation was just.....bad. Franklin (were I live) got nailed pretty good to. All along the creek, the whole park system, the houses and apartments. Ruined most of the police cars. It's bad news all around. We were one of the few lucky ones. No damage at all, but many people weren't so lucky.
    Alot of them probly didn't even have flood insurance. It is very sadening.
    Definatly need to keep everyone in our heart and prayers.

I agree. If I didn't have to work all week, and provide transportation for my wife who also has to work, I'd drive down to help ARES and RACES with communications for the relief efforts. Not a lot I can do from up here.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Yep the Technical Canter and Plant 1 are shut down untill further notice. The houses along Hall creek by the Tech Center were totally sumerged. The GOB/FSP was ok (were I work). But We took a drive around town today, and oh my, the devastation was just.....bad. Franklin (were I live) got nailed pretty good to. All along the creek, the whole park system, the houses and apartments. Ruined most of the police cars. It's bad news all around. We were one of the few lucky ones. No damage at all, but many people weren't so lucky.
    Alot of them probly didn't even have flood insurance. It is very sadening.
    Definatly need to keep everyone in our heart and prayers.

I'm definately with you there. Maybe, with any luck at all, it will be declared a "disaster zone" and those people can get some help. (I pray)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I hope you can view the whole album. If you have any questions about the pictures just ask. All the ones of the, and after the waterfall are Spencer and McCormicks Creek State Park. The rest is Martinsville. The last one's are the old pay lake across from Bradford Woods on 67 NE of Martinsville. If the link doesn't go thru let me know and I'll try to figure out how to do it. Never used photobucket before...

SavageEagle - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Hope all of our friends down there are doing Ok!

I can't resist. This is probably the closest Long Johns has ever come to fresh fish

pics131.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hope all of our friends down there are doing Ok!

I can't resist. This is probably the closest Long Johns has ever come to fresh fish

pics131.jpg

:lmfao:

Did you see the one with the Ford going to the ATM machine? He got to it, thinking it would work, after forging the parking lot, and got that stupid look like "Why ain't it wurkin??" All the while, the 60 some Duke employees who were finishing up the electrical work looked like they were taking bets on whether he got stuck or not! LOL Some people... ok I won't go there, but some people are just stupid. I feel so bad for everyone caught up in this. We should put something together to help out. I have a garage full of clothes and some other things we could donate.

We should all take this as a lesson to be prepared. I talked to a lady at work today who lives outside of princess lake. She said her house was on a hill so it looked like an island. They wouldn't evacuate because they couldn't take their pets. I can understand that. It just shows that we should all be prepared. And we should prepare for more than 72 hours because these flood waters won't go away by then since it's going to rain off and on all week.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    So far we've dodged the bullet down here in the very Southwestern part of the state. The rivers are continuing to rise and this will probably cause some problems down here.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Highway 37 was listed as closed at 144? or somewhere close to that. The levees at Princess Lakes were threatening to burst. Which would flood just about everything along the various rivers and creeks that are attached.

Yeah, 37 got closed just south of Stones Crossing/County Road 700N. Everything in this area is looking better today before the rain. I hope this system doesn't dump much.

Sellersburg was dry as the sahara this weekend, but this is what I heard about at my alma mater and home:
    Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
    Picasa Web Albums - Defoe - Terre Haute, ...

Didn't think about checking Terre Haute. Looks like that little stream between campus and the field filled up pretty well. (Class '99)

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    my house south of terre haute looked a rock in the middle of some rapids. bit of a stream going through the utility room. 2 inches of water in my gun room. IN MY GUN ROOM!!! rained again tonight, so i hope i don't find an even bigger mess when i get home in the morning.

i hope all is as well as can be expected with everyone affected. my extra thoughts are with you all.

Top Bottom