Our Country And Communities Are Dying...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I believe my original point has been lost. (Go figure, on INGO? LOL)

The point was that when all the businesses are controlled by those that outside the area it is bad for the community and now with all this globalization, bad for the country.

We need to break up many of these financial conglomerates that own enough to control at monopoly levels. They will strangle our communities and never even have to concern themselves about even hearing about it much less seeing it...

But the so-called conservatives will be screaming communism if you threaten to break up multinational corporations and force them to operate locally.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    But the so-called conservatives will be screaming communism if you threaten to break up multinational corporations and force them to operate locally.
    Really? Why?

Businesses, or any organization, is not a citizen they do not have rights and should not be accorded same. I have no problem with large corporations, especially multinational ones, being broken up.

Anything done to separate the elected representatives of the people from non-citizens is almost always a positive. That is especially so when those non-citizens have large sums of money that they can use to corrupt the ostensible servants of the people.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Kill Citizen's United!
    8ef33d9d44444c9db46578d82ccd6a09.gif

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And just where has that idological purity gotten us? A benifit of getting old is being able to see what a crock they BS they sold me when I was young...

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Kill Citizen's United!
    8ef33d9d44444c9db46578d82ccd6a09.gif
    There has to be a balance and I'm not sure how to strike it. A majority of voters shouldn't be able to pillage the rights and wealth of corporations using the force of government any more than corporations should be able to buy government to control or manipulate citizens.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There has to be a balance and I'm not sure how to strike it. A majority of voters shouldn't be able to pillage the rights and wealth of corporations using the force of government any more than corporations should be able to buy government to control or manipulate citizens.
    I hear you. Coporations have employees who pay taxes and the corporation pays the employees benefits, which include taxes. However, a corporation should not have rights tantamount to a citizen, which is exactly what CU gives them.

As to whether they should pay income taxes....that's a much longer argument.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Really? Why?

Businesses, or any organization, is not a citizen they do not have rights and should not be accorded same. I have no problem with large corporations, especially multinational ones, being broken up.

Anything done to separate the elected representatives of the people from non-citizens is almost always a positive. That is especially so when those non-citizens have large sums of money that they can use to corrupt the ostensible servants of the people.
    over the last 50 or so years the government has blurred the lines between corpprations and the citizenry. when the term "corporate citizen" was introduced i knew we, the citizens, were going to be screwed. there were a few chapters explaining the difference between the two in high school econ and civics classes.

what are considered "corporate citizens" today are legalized monopolies.

"we're citizens just like you!"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And just where has that idological purity gotten us? A benifit of getting old is being able to see what a crock they BS they sold me when I was young...

Well you don't have to convince me, I mean it's the no.1 reason for my signature.

Conservatives need to learn that small locally owned business and corporations are not the same thing.
    And that privatization of everything is not always the best answer to the problem, as it is a larger expansion of government and authority than a public solution would be. Since those "private" corporations end up being a part of the government anyway, in the end. And unlike a public solution, their primary motive is money and expansion, which is ultimately going to be an infinite expansion of the state, with your tax dollars paving the way.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I hear you. Coporations have employees who pay taxes and the corporation pays the employees benefits, which include taxes. However, a corporation should not have rights tantamount to a citizen, which is exactly what CU gives them.

As to whether they should pay income taxes....that's a much longer argument.
    I don't think claiming corps have the exact same rights as citizens is accurate. They can't vote in elections (at least literally), they don't affect apportionment are just a couple rights they don't have.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't think claiming corps have the exact same rights as citizens is accurate. They can't vote in elections (at least literally), they don't affect apportionment are just a couple rights they don't have.
    They don't need apportionment. They have PACs and don't die.

Or shed blood on battlefields.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And citizens can vote to steal corporation's revenue and hamstring them with regulations. Like I said there has to be a balance.

It's usually the other way around. People are told the corporation is being plundered while they receive billions in tax payer dollars, and pretend they're the injured party.

The world doesn't work that way.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    It's usually the other way around. People are told the corporation is being plundered while they receive billions in tax payer dollars, and pretend they're the injured party.

The world doesn't work that way.
    Well to my point, if that's the case, that just means things are out of balance. We could vote in communism and have the state take control of the corps, or some variation on that, but we would have gone the other way. Balance.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well to my point, if that's the case, that just means things are out of balance. We could vote in communism and have the state take control of the corps, or some variation on that, but we would have gone the other way. Balance.

If we voted in communism, the state would just take the assets of the middle class and give it to the poor while the rich were left exempt, and the corporations would be called nationalized when in reality they'd control the government.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    If we voted in communism, the state would just take the assets of the middle class and give it to the poor while the rich were left exempt, and the corporations would be called nationalized when in reality they'd control the government.
    The rich ruleth over the poor.

But it's never the same rich. The new PTB take force the wealth of corporations\owners and make it theirs by power of the new state.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Aggregating entities should never be allowed to donate to or fund politicians. Both unions and corporations should be held to the same contribution limits as an individual - including contributions in kind such as the labor of members or employees

Campaigns should have to appeal to each individual citizen for funding. I would wager letting organizations lobby and contribute goes directly against (and overwhelms) at least 1/3 of the memberships views (or more)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They don't need apportionment. They have PACs and don't die.

Or shed blood on battlefields.
    Spot on! No corporation has the same priorities as a citizen/patriot and has less personal skin in the game - even the ones that are most directly an extension of their owners personalities

Top Bottom