Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    [quote Originally Posted by RomanDad
    And the State DID go for BHO didnt it?
    I think it was due to Palin being appointed as McCain's running mate. Had he chose someone else, I seriously doubt the election would of swung the way it did.

(snipped)

Yeah, there would have been less support for the Republican ticket than there was. Had Palin not been on the ticket, I would have seriously considered voting Libertarian in that election.

1. She isn't as dumb as she has been portrayed.

2. She seems to have a clear vision of what needs to be changed.

3. She seems to share a whole lot more of the values I cherish than a lot of her contemporaries.

4. The Left and the MSM HATED her; that was almost recommendation enough in itself.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    [quote Originally Posted by RomanDad
    And the State DID go for BHO didnt it?

Yeah, there would have been less support for the Republican ticket than there was. Had Palin not been on the ticket, I would have seriously considered voting Libertarian in that election.

1. She isn't as dumb as she has been portrayed.

2. She seems to have a clear vision of what needs to be changed.

3. She seems to share a whole lot more of the values I cherish than a lot of her contemporaries.

4. The Left and the MSM HATED her; that was almost recommendation enough in itself.

number one should have been: She is SMOKIN HOT!!!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think it was due to Palin being appointed as McCain's running mate. Had he chose someone else, I seriously doubt the election would of swung the way it did....

I think Palin's appointment to the VP candidacy is the only thing that kept the vote being a repeat of Reagan v. Mondale in 1984, but this time, favoring the Dems.

People say for years "Too many politicians! We need a real person in Washington, not just another politician who will lie to us!", etc.

Then when we get a candidate that's exactly that, the complaint is that she's inexperienced/not a serious candidate, etc. People can't have it both ways. Of course she was demonized in the press, the same way Ron Paul was, the same way Appleseed recently was by the NY Times.

It's a shame that people get what they ask for and still don't like it, then wonder why the country is :toilet2:.

Blessings,
    Bill

Andyland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    4 of McCain's top 7 advisers had received paychecks from a Soros based "think tank" for 6 or 8 years. McCain co sponsored every anti gun bill in the Senate with Lieberman. I would not have voted, but for Palin, as she was the only conservative in the race.

We have lost so much, our great grandparents would not recognize us.
    The great government has never successfully done anything. I have an in-law that is convinced that the government is the answer. It is a religion that they were taught when young and impressionable. Having not grown out of the false religion of state ism, they now have full blown dementia. No amount of honesty can convince them.
    And the more you try the more vapid their responses. They have blind faith, they have to, because reality is too painful for them.
    Progressives turn the welfare class into animals to keep them a solid progressive voting block. They are enslaving 51% of the population for their own power, and as the productive 49% dwindle, they scramble for more power.
    Soon they will hold all the power of the state, and none on the ground. The cities will burn, and the starving masses will roam like the mongol hoards.

This is the gift of progressives.
    Remember Lugar and all of his tribe when you vote.

oh, and Palin was a little hot...but the wife doesn't let me date.

What we need is a Sam Kenison!

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    How can a guy named lugar not like guns? Seriously. I want to move to IN to get away from politicians like this. Between this and the indianapolis thread I'm wondering if IN is the wrong place. Is this the direction the state is headed???

Luger is a Federal Delegate from Indiana .

He has nothing to do with Indiana law .

Indiana is a gun friendly state .. save it's anti Short Barreled Shotgun law .
    Yes we mandate permits for sidearms .. something that should go away ...

But it is by and large a gun friendly state ... it is , compared to some others a semi friendly shooting state ... Defensive shooting that is ... you could do worse than Indiana for gun ownership ... Illinois , Ohio , CA ..
    Better in AZ for gun owning .. but it is not a shooting friendly state ....
    Duncan

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Washington culture is where the root of the problem lies. Politicians are immersed in a system that provides them with whatever they desire in exchange for a vote from day one, and everything is provided.

The longer they are in Washington the more they see the world through the distorted, self serving, glass and reflections of lobbiests and staff that shape the information to a specific purpose. When going back to visit the home district and being exposed the realities of the world everybody else lives in they can't understand why we don't see the big picture. They come to believe what they are told in Washington, that everybody else in the country is really just too stupid and dangerous to make decisions.

Some politicians come to Washington already with this outlook and readily embrace the culture, others probably are uncomfortable at first but adjust. There are probably a few who leave in disgust after a while. Voters need to get get rid of the former and keep electing the latter until the culture can be changed.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Luger is a Federal Delegate from Indiana .

He has nothing to do with Indiana law .

Indiana is a gun friendly state .. save it's anti Short Barreled Shotgun law .
    Yes we mandate permits for sidearms .. something that should go away ...

But it is by and large a gun friendly state ... it is , compared to some others a semi friendly shooting state ... Defensive shooting that is ... you could do worse than Indiana for gun ownership ... Illinois , Ohio , CA ..
    Better in AZ for gun owning .. but it is not a shooting friendly state ....
    Duncan

Lugar Voted for the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban along with Dan Coats. He has everything to do with Our Gun Rights and he also Voted to affirm Kagan to the Supreme Court and Kagan is definitely Anti Gun Rights.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Uhh... this seems to be really old. Lou Dobbs hasn't been on CNN for some time.

Obama is the President and Hillary is the Secretary of State and Lou Dobbs left CNN at the end of 2009. This is 2010, Obama is still the President, Hillary is the Secretary of State and the Clinton Treaty is still in play :rolleyes: 8 Months isn't an extremely long time to some

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    i have a letter from dick lugar dated june 26 2008 amongst other things one sentence in there is "i believe in the rights of law abiding citizens to possess firearms for collecting,defensive,and sporting purposes, and i support indiana law related to the purchase,ownership,and carrying of firearms. which time did he tell the truth? then? now? niether?

I had a similar letter from the original AWB. He said he would not vote for it. He did. I have not voted for him since.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I have sent emails to no avail for years. Civil ones. Got form letter replies.
    Last few emails I sent I explained my wish for him and his loved ones to die a slow death tasteing their own blood.

Top Bottom