• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    How can a guy named lugar not like guns? Seriously. I want to move to IN to get away from politicians like this. Between this and the indianapolis thread I'm wondering if IN is the wrong place. Is this the direction the state is headed???
    If you think you are going to find a place where there are no wolves in sheep's clothing, I think you are mistaken.

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    If you think you are going to find a place where there are no wolves in sheep's clothing, I think you are mistaken.

I understand that... Im just trying to stay ahead of the curve if you know what I mean... Ive seen California go from the land of Reagan to... Well... Whatever the hell it is now... And it didnt take very long... I dont want to go through that again.

Its almost impossible for me to judge which way the Indiana political landscape is blowing from 2000 miles away. My mother in law is my best source for whats going on but she actually held elected office as a Democrat for most of her life, and is really connected to the State Democratic establishment.... So Im never sure if shes reporting or rooting. And the State DID go for BHO didnt it?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I thought Luger was an Republician?

Yup. The check's in the mail, too.

You believe everything you read? :rolleyes:

Edit: Actually, that's not fair. He has described himself as a Republican for years, though he has no loyalty to the Republic or anything it stands for. Lugar is first and foremost a politician.

What a pity that he's a US Citizen, but not an American.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I understand that... Im just trying to stay ahead of the curve if you know what I mean... Ive seen California go from the land of Reagan to... Well... Whatever the hell it is now... And it didnt take very long... I dont want to go through that again.

Its almost impossible for me to judge which way the Indiana political landscape is blowing from 2000 miles away. My mother in law is my best source for whats going on but she actually held elected office as a Democrat for most of her life, and is really connected to the State Democratic establishment.... So Im never sure if shes reporting or rooting. And the State DID go for BHO didnt it?

Most of the state offices are held by people who put an R after their name. I'm reminded of the story told of Abraham Lincoln: He asked, "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?" When the person to whom he was speaking said, "Well, five." Lincoln is said to have answered, "No. it doesn't matter what you call it, a tail is not a leg. A dog has four legs."

As for the state going for Barry Hussein, you might find the post at this link educational.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-presidential_election_winners_by_county.html

(Edit: I just counted. Fourteen of 92 counties voted for Barry, one by a margin of only 39 votes. With a couple of exceptions, most were within a couple of percentage points of going the other way. Barry did here what he did elsewhere: He took the major cities and counted on them to take the state. Hell, he barely took 2/5 of Illinois (40 of 102 counties), but the part he took included Chicago, so the rest of the state was unimportant as to which electors would be voting.)

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    If criminals get access to this kind of registry and you know they will through corruption, this could increase firearm theft by location for the criminal. Sounds like a cry for help to foreign leaders to help disarm America.
    Can someone please explain to me what the big frigging deal is in regards to responsible persons owning a firearms is. Can someone explain. I really don't understand it as it makes no sense at all. Thanks

RomanDad

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Orange County CA
    Most of the state offices are held by people who put an R after their name. I'm reminded of the story told of Abraham Lincoln: He asked, "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?" When the person to whom he was speaking said, "Well, five." Lincoln is said to have answered, "No. it doesn't matter what you call it, a tail is not a leg. A dog has four legs."

As for the state going for Barry Hussein, you might find the post at this link educational.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-presidential_election_winners_by_county.html

(Edit: I just counted. Fourteen of 92 counties voted for Barry, one by a margin of only 39 votes. With a couple of exceptions, most were within a couple of percentage points of going the other way. Barry did here what he did elsewhere: He took the major cities and counted on them to take the state. Hell, he barely took 2/5 of Illinois (40 of 102 counties), but the part he took included Chicago, so the rest of the state was unimportant as to which electors would be voting.)

Blessings,
    Bill

VERY Helpful... Clark Jeff and Harrison (the areas were looking at) all went R...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If criminals get access to this kind of registry and you know they will through corruption, this could increase firearm theft by location for the criminal. Sounds like a cry for help to foreign leaders to help disarm America.
    Can someone please explain to me what the big frigging deal is in regards to responsible persons owning a firearms is. Can someone explain. I really don't understand it as it makes no sense at all. Thanks

Well, I don't know how accurate my explanation will be (I am, after all, an American, not just a US citizen), but here goes:

No criminal will get a list like that... that would be illegal!

It IS a cry for help to foreign leaders. After all, it's not a violation of the 2A to convince others to end the supply, it's just the free market at work (that's sarcasm, of course, because it is NOT the free market when agents of gov't tamper with that market)

As for the big deal with responsible people owning firearms... They view that as an oxymoron: No responsible people would own firearms, therefore, they who are responsible must control those of us who are not as if we were children and take away from us things with which we might hurt one another.

I was discussing the recent NYT article on Appleseed with my mother, an ardent Liberal. When I sent her the link, I'd only seen the pictorial story with it's captions, which is something less of a hatchet job than the print article. Having shown her what we're about, having told her that we have a 100% safety record over the life of the program (five years and thousands of shooters), she still expressed a fear that someone on our line would someday get angry about something and turn to shoot the person next to them. She cited the recent Connecticut shooting as an example and didn't see the correlation to the fact that 1) the killer knew he was to be fired, 2) he moved slowly and methodically to kill those he specifically targeted, and 3) if someone else in the may-issue state of CT at that workplace had been armed, he might have been stopped much sooner.

My mother is not an unintelligent woman. She has an advanced degree and while she's not streetwise, she's aware of the failings of mankind. She does, however, see the world through the eyes of a statist and a liberal, and thinks that for people to be safe, they must be controlled from without. I have not given up trying to change her mind by presentation of evidence, but I do not expect her to do so.

As such, I get a front-row seat whenever we converse on political issues, into the mindset of such a person. Logic and fact be da*ned, how you "feel" about something should define your position.

You're correct, it makes no sense if you use logic and reason to see issues. If your worldview is created through the rose-colored glasses of how you think it should be, it makes sense to you. It's an impossibility, but that's how they feel, and as their therapists tell them, their feelings are never wrong.

OK, that hurt. I have to go read the Constitution again now... da*ned headaches.

Blessings,
    Bill

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy

Blessings,
    Bill
    Also, I believe if you add the total votes for all the candidates, more people in Indiana voted more conservative than not. Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin's votes added to McCain totaled more than Obama and Ralph Nader.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Thanks for the reply BOR.
    A concerned mother is a loving mother. Your mom is just worried about you. My mother I'm almost certain doesn't like guns but we are brought into this world at birth with the natural instinct to fight for the first breath and our body to naturally defend off attacking infections for our survival. This applies to our everyday lives as adults and the world we live in now.
    Their natural instinct is to worry. From birth, they have bestowed upon us and given us the right to continue to protect ourselves and our families through adulthood under the 2nd Amendment. Hope it make sense.:patriot:

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks for the reply BOR.
    A concerned mother is a loving mother. Your mom is just worried about you. My mother I'm almost certain doesn't like guns but we are brought into this world at birth with the natural instinct to fight for the first breath and our body to naturally defend off attacking infections for our survival. This applies to our everyday lives as adults and the world we live in now.
    Their natural instinct is to worry. From birth, they have bestowed upon us and given us the right to continue to protect ourselves and our families through adulthood under the 2nd Amendment. Hope it make sense.:patriot:

Y'know... I hate arguing with her (now, anyway. Used to be that's all we did.
    shrug2.gif
    ) and fortunately, at this point it's more a discussion of political philosophy than it is an argument. I wish I had a nickel for every time she's used a variation of "what about the children??", especially in re: unlawful trespassers, AKA illegal immigrants, especially if I make the suggestion that no matter where they come from, they need to be caught, prosecuted, and get the
    boot.gif
    home, all at the expense of their home governments.

The idea, however, that individual, fundamental, natural rights should be controlled by some outside authority (as if that didn't destroy them for what they are) is to me unfathomable, especially in re: the idea that it must be done because of what someone might choose to do with his rights. It hearkens back to Slick Willy Clinton's statements that:

‘‘When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans ...... And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities.’’
    — Bill Clinton, 3-22-94 and

‘‘We cannot be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.’’
    — B.J.Clinton, USA Today, 3/11/93 page 2A
    How different these statements are from those of our Founders, for whom a small tax on a beverage one could choose to drink or not, was cause to revolt against their government and dump that beverage into Boston harbor!

And just to try to redirect this :hijack: back to its origin, it would seem that Lugar adheres more to the ideals of Silly Willy than to such concepts as individual liberty, honor, and rights. It is long past time that he should be actively retired from office by the people to live out his days ordering the neighborhood kids off his lawn from his rocking chair.

Blessings,
    Bill

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That cat is so drunk on the power that he'll keep on running forever - the Strom Thurmond of Indiana. He'll have to die in office get him out as their are too many idiots who believe his rhetoric and do not follow his actions.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

RomanDad - I'm an expat Californian living in Southern IN for the past six and a half years. You will find IN to be a refreshing change politically. In fairness to the CA weather - I'm still not a big fan of the humidity. D's and R's out here are a lot closer together than you're likely used to. The D's out here are like the R's in California. Indiana is going the right direction - just not D or R. It's working a little l into the R side... Just my two centavos...

But by all means come on out... And bring me a Double Double Animal Style while you're at it! (grin) That's the ONE THING we definitely lack out here...

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    [quote Originally Posted by RomanDad
    And the State DID go for BHO didnt it?
    Don't remind me! I really don't know how that happened. In every previous presidential race in my memory Indiana was so far in the R camp that neither candidate bothered campaigning here.:dunno:

I think it was due to Palin being appointed as McCain's running mate. Had he chose someone else, I seriously doubt the election would of swung the way it did.

Back to the OP, this treaty makes me sick. Once again, as a gun owner, I'm being compiled into a database like a damn sexual predator, much like my local Herald Times did.:puke:
    I plan on treating this like I did my subscription with it, and canceling it. Guess who I won't be voting for?
    One would have thought the Dems would have been a little smarter about bringing this up so close to the November elections, considering what a hot topic gun ownership rights are.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Don't remind me! I really don't know how that happened. In every previous presidential race in my memory Indiana was so far in the R camp that neither candidate bothered campaigning here.:dunno:

Simple. We had a Republican Vice Presidential candidate in the race, but the Presidential candidate was a "Democrat Lite". Given the choice of ersatz or the real thing, most people will vote for the real thing. And, as it seems here on this forum, many were so disgusted with their choices that they didn't vote.

Top Bottom