• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    I just got the Ottis Elite Cleaning System for christmas and was wondering what everyone thinks of this cleaning kit. It has every thing to clean pistols, rifles, shotguns and all calibers from .17 to .50! I am fairly impressed with it! What are your thoughts? Pros? Cons?

Thanks for the imput! :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I used one overseas to maintain an M-16 rifle and an M-9 pistol and was very impressed with it. Very compact, stays organized, and does the job. I keep the kit in my BOB now.

I also liked telling people it was my tactical denture case (due to the shape I could often get people going with it). :D

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I have 3 of them. Came with the gerber multitools and everything. Hands down the best pieces of equipment I own.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I have the same one. They are very nice comprehensive systems. As said earlier it won't put any wear on your muzzle crowns. They also pull unburnt powder and fowling away from the gun action.

Downside is their proprietary patches aren't cheap and it is a slower way to clean. Much faster when I was simply using a jag or brush and standard cleaning rod. But if you're not in a huge hurry they are very good systems.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Thanks for all the Imput! Sounds like the Ottis is a good piece of kit! Gonna have to go shooting soon so I can dirty up some guns so I can try my new cleaning kit on them! Thanks! :)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been using Otis for the last "long time" and am very happy with the pull through design. Quality parts last a long time.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    How to use square patches with the Otis cleaning system....

howto_square_patches.jpg

Top Bottom