OSUT 262: The King has Been Neutered....and Waylon too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Senior in highschool, istep testing was taking place for the other grades. We were in the preforming arts center listening to those speakers that preach dont drink and drive... safe sex... blah blah blah.

Principal came running in and turned the tv on seconds before the second tower was hit.
    I was sitting in a college class. Remember it well

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Senior in highschool, istep testing was taking place for the other grades. We were in the preforming arts center listening to those speakers that preach dont drink and drive... safe sex... blah blah blah.

Principal came running in and turned the tv on seconds before the second tower was hit.
    I was feeding the kids, one year old and three years old. Had not even turned any news on, yet. I had a Sesame Street sing along disc playing.

Wife was working a different shift back then.
    She blasted in the door about 9AM, "WHAT THE HELL!?!"

I was unaware until then. Turned on the tube. Second tower had just been hit.

I was working in a portrait studio back then, went in at noon.
    I showed up to find that all the appointments had been canceled.
    Boss was out of town, called and said we should all go home and be with family.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was sitting in a college class. Remember it well
    I was working at BMG. I was in a political chat room at the time when they said the first plane had hit the tower. I went and got my boss and got him to hook up the tv in the conference room. It didn't have cable so a bunch of us stood in a circle with two people holding the antenna wires and the rest of us holding hands to get the picture to come in. We saw the second plane hit the tower and then we all went home.

After I got home I went to the Classy Chassy. (I had a lot of friends that went there/worked there.) Everyone was quiet and watching the TVs and nobody was paying attention to the girls on the stage.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was visiting an agent's office. I heard on the radio about the first one hitting.
    I was then inside talking to the good looking secretary when there were reports of the second collision. I knew then we were under attack and headed home to follow the news coverage.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Also remember clearly, I was with a crew photographing Carmel football team.
    The massive band was on one end of the field drilling in sections. Cheer squads were out working, probably 700 or 800 kids out there, at least.

It was the day they first opened the skies to airline travel again when we saw the first jet flying over in a while.

Everyone dropped everything and just jumped and cheered until long after the jet was out of sight.

Coaches brought everyone together in the center of the field, all knelt down and shared some prayer.
    Touching moment!
    :thumbsup:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom