• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I guess I've never been recoil-sensitive. Proper hold against the shoulder will eliminate most issues.

I could shoot my 870 all day long but the 20ga was killer for 2 reasons: a thin stock with a very sharp corner and the polychoke (I always kept it cranked down not knowing any better, and it kept it from falling off) that increased felt recoil by quite a lot.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I could shoot my 870 all day long but the 20ga was killer for 2 reasons: a thin stock with a very sharp corner and the polychoke (I always kept it cranked down not knowing any better, and it kept it from falling off) that increased felt recoil by quite a lot.
    Yep, that would probably do it!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Both my wrists are very messed up. left one is the worst, but right hand is messed up too, so....
    When I worked at Ritters custard all I did was hold a scooper in one hand 95% of my time there.

After about a year or 2 of that I would wake up in the mornings and my hand wouldn't move essily. It was acting like it had a grip on one of the scoopers. Took about a year after me leaving to stop doing that.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    When I worked at Ritters custard all I did was hold a scooper in one hand 95% of my time there.

After about a year or 2 of that I would wake up in the mornings and my hand wouldn't move essily. It was acting like it had a grip on one of the scoopers. Took about a year after me leaving to stop doing that.

I was diagnosed with JRA and CREST at 8 years old... I had old man body in highschool. Grumpy old man attitude by age 24.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Both my wrists are very messed up. left one is the worst, but right hand is messed up too, so....
    Both of mine are "crunchy". If I hold my thumb on the bottom and my first two fingers on the top, and rotate my wrist, there's a noticeable grinding. Doesn't hurt though.

I was a gymnast in high school (mostly tumbling) and it really jacked my wrists up I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom