Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Wife was headed to niece’s on Lake Shafer today…plenty of distance between them and @bcannon upstream so they should be safe.
    I didn't go out much yesterday due to AQI so they didn't have anything to worry about. :p

I did get some scripture reading in amongst getting a few small chores accomplished. Still trying to figure out which streaming services/apps to use. Having just getting my 1st landline internet service here on the peninsula I'm finding they don't tell you everything to help make a decision worth making. Will get back to that after mowing. It's a have to mow sitch now, the recent rain must've had miracle grow mixed in as it looks like the grass tripled in growth overnight.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Good morning fellow gun nuts ! 70* & very hazy w/91% humidity…actually appears as if fog is settling in. Wind is calm at the moment but supposed to really pick up to a maximum of 5mph this afternoon so hold onto your hat.

Nothing on the schedule today ( again ) except putzing around in a/c.
    I have "Quiet Man" picked for a matinee.

That's enough planning for now.

A little more sorting, inspection, a bucket of tumbling and some trimming if need, but some heat checking in the garage may temper any ambition toward finishing that project.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't go out much yesterday due to AQI so they didn't have anything to worry about. :p

I did get some scripture reading in amongst getting a few small chores accomplished. Still trying to figure out which streaming services/apps to use. Having just getting my 1st landline internet service here on the peninsula I'm finding they don't tell you everything to help make a decision worth making. Will get back to that after mowing. It's a have to mow sitch now, the recent rain must've had miracle grow mixed in as it looks like the grass tripled in growth overnight.
    Good morning bc.
    I know that Tubi, CW and PlutoTV are all free. So you can get the app on whatever device you use (I have an AppleTV) and see what you can find on them. There are some shows I like on them. They have commercials. CW has as many commercials as the regular TV has. I also have Amazon Prime, just because we always had it for the free shipping. But it is now pretty expensive and I doubt it is paying for itself any more.
    Daughter, since they think they are rich :D, have Netflix without commercials and also YouTube. Not having commercials is pretty nice.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have wondered how my back would do on a bicycle. They are going to make a bike path on the land the city stole from me.
    Only one way to find out.

My back is pretty iffy, too. Biking is low stress, if I need it to be or exhausting if I want to push.

My trouble is sacro-lumbar. Don't think biking would work for me if my trouble was dorsal area.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Good morning bc.
    I know that Tubi, CW and PlutoTV are all free. So you can get the app on whatever device you use (I have an AppleTV) and see what you can find on them. There are some shows I like on them. They have commercials. CW has as many commercials as the regular TV has. I also have Amazon Prime, just because we always had it for the free shipping. But it is now pretty expensive and I doubt it is paying for itself any more.
    Daughter, since they think they are rich :D, have Netflix without commercials and also YouTube. Not having commercials is pretty nice.
    I went with a roku stick and roku channel, Pluto, tubi, livetv, and sling came with and are all free but I'm not much on watching "regular tv" channels (drama, movies, sitcoms, etc). I like sports, nature(animals), and news so I went with the disney+, Hulu, ESPN package but found the ESPN in the package didn't include any live Formula 1 or any live MLB game coverage so went with the F1 app and checking on MLB stuff today. Went with our local news app and Haystack News as they are free. Ill get something with MLB live games today too. I'll probably not reup the Disney package and look for another package deal that will work for me but what I have after today will work for now. Might get the bsu app to watch the Chosen series.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I have wondered how my back would do on a bicycle. They are going to make a bike path on the land the city stole from me.
    I have a regular road bike(no suspension) and a few full suspension bikes. Having enough back issues for 3 peeps and I've found the full suspension bikes don't irritate my back much at all where the regular road bike will give me back pain for a few days after riding just once. If you don't want to go full suspension, a suspension seat post would probably help alot too. A quality one isn't "cheap" but I have rode a few and they do work nice and worth the cost.
    I'm pretty sure my buddy has this one and it does make a world of difference. It will work with big butt seats too. It's not just for racing saddles only.

It's works even better paired with front shocks(suspension).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know that just riding the lawn mower for 1+ hour, I have to take something that night to get to sleep. With a bike in addition to the bouncing, I just wondered about leaning forward like that for an extended period.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I know that just riding the lawn mower for 1+ hour, I have to take something that night to get to sleep. With a bike in addition to the bouncing, I just wondered about leaning forward like that for an extended period.
    1st off, get you a mower with active seat suspension. It's the only thing that let's me mow myself without having to pay someone to do it. There are retro fit units that work great.

As for the leaning over riding your bike, change your handle bars and possibly the gooseneck if need be to get you in a more comfortable riding position.

Not trying to spend ALL your $$ just trying to give you available options.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom