Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    3" memory foam makes the floor much more comfortable. Have you thought about renting a Hoyer lift? Kind of an engine stand and dolly for people.

And good morning, all.
    Only 25 min and 7000 meters on the stationary boat. Now breakfast and off to work. Barb already headed north to take her boy to the hospital for firm diagnosis on the mass near his gall bladder.

Oh! And a trash panda down.
    If she can get her feet under her and push at all, then I can usually manage, with the aid of her rollator, but when she can't then it's a problem. I don't know where we would put a lift like you describe. It would be tricky to maneuver in some areas, depending on where it happens.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If she can get her feet under her and push at all, then I can usually manage, with the aid of her rollator, but when she can't then it's a problem. I don't know where we would put a lift like you describe. It would be tricky to maneuver in some areas, depending on where it happens.
    Yeah, I get it. Roll her onto a 2 wheel cart and strap her in? Just hunting ideas to maybe help.
    The bad part is if you hurt your back trying to help her, then you both need help.
    Nurse or aid at a convalescent home may have some strategies or a strap that would help.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, I get it. Roll her onto a 2 wheel cart and strap her in? Just hunting ideas to maybe help.
    The bad part is if you hurt your back trying to help her, then you both need help.
    Nurse or aid at a convalescent home may have some strategies or a strap that would help.
    I thought we used to have a gait belt somewhere but I don't know where it is. Her late daughter used to be a CNA and I thought she left it here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom