OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    My bench is large-ish and I really don't have to be quite so sanitary sizing and de-capping.

I pulled the charger apart.
    It is made by LEH Inc which I think is the Lincoln Welder company.
    Has a patent pending sticker '77, so, obviously it can't be any older than that, but I see nothing to date it accurately, yet.

However, digging into how it works, this thing is more advanced than I thought at first.

The blown rectifier works after a forty volt leg from the main power transformer.
    Not the 110 lead in, using banks of resistors to get to the required voltages. Old and inefficient designs.

This thing fooled me from the outside, because it has chrome on it, big honkin' knobs, strongman switches and looked oldlike, plus weighty.

It charges at 6V, 12V or 24V and if I can get it going, this will be a very cool thing to own.

Otherwise, I just dropped a Lincoln in the recycle bin.

Last edited:

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I really need to wash mine. It's silver, so from a distance it doesn't look too bad, but up close... Yuck!
    I'm a white car guy, mostly, but my newest car, took months to find my replacement for the old "Lucille."
    Really wanted another Traverse, but would not accept old or beat up. I'm not rich, had to buy used.

I now have a black car.
    It shows everything.
    But, this one is a treasure and I paid some for the amazing condition and the Premium option level.
    I call her "Lucille, Too," which I though was clever at the time I named her.
    She's my favorite horse of late.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm a white car guy, mostly, but my newest car, took months to find my replacement for the old "Lucille."
    Really wanted another Traverse, but would not accept old or beat up, but I'm not rich, had to buy used.

I now have a black car.
    It shows everything.
    But, this one is a treasure and I paid some for the amazing condition and the Premium option level, but I call her "Lucille, Too"
    She my favorite horse of late.
    I had a black Nissan pickup once. I'll never own another black vehicle. Oh sure, it looked great for about 5 minutes after I left the carwash, but then, not so much. :):

Surprisingly, I found that my red Dodge pickup didn't show dirt all that much. At least not as much as I would've expected.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I just found that the stormy winds blew down my big DEEP homemade, 1&1/2" diameter, 6ft long wind chimes.

Can't find any failure in my construction, but the hook I hung them on came out of the soffet.
    Easy remount. Need a ladder again.
    Terrified of laddering, still!
    :(

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Discussed what to eat before I sat here to irritate people. Left it up to her. I'll cook.

Wife ordered a couple of pizzas. The only time she ever joins me for beer these days!

I was just summoned!
    :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom