OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Need to brush Ruthie. Susan wants to take her when she goes to see her dad, but I'm going to suggest she wait until she sees him again on Tuesday. She doesn't need to be trying to get Ruthie in and out of the van and into the nursing home when it's storming. Not to mention the accompanying wet dog smell. :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Getting ready to go pick up a lawnmower. Friends from the bar are moving to Florida. Selling everything so we are buying their John Deere yard tractor and Polaris ranger. Picking up the ranger when they get the updated title in her name. It was never changed when her husband died so she wanted to take care of that first.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Got back from another yard sale.
    Brought home another "broken" tool, '80s maybe, battery charger with the Sears name on it. Kind of a nice one!
    No idea yet who actually made it, yet.

Kid said it charges, but it's old and slow, sometimes the red light comes on and it stops for a while. Hmm, so it's dangerous?

NO, we had it charging our Seadoo all winter, no problem. (sounds like a problem) It took too long so we got a new one.

OK, got him down to $5, brought it home. I suspect the problem! Couldn't wait to get my meter on it.

Sure enough, it's charging with AC current, 3V DC and 17V AC at the clamps.
    Easy fix, bad rectifier diode, and fixing that will stop it from thermocycling under use, too.

Battery doesn't really care, charges on the up stroke, gives it back during down stroke and overheats the charger guts.

I'll bet it charges just fine with the DC fixed. I'm sure Allied has a comparable rectifier bridge, or 200V diodes and I'll just make one.

Seadoo!
    :lmfao:

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The mower is home and put away. Polaris looks good. Hubby had checked it out the other day. Has the enclosed cab...hard doors (not just canvas or whatever the softer ones are), windshield, etc. dump bed and winch. Cole and Hannah are going to love it! Bought a pole saw too. May need to go back for the sale when everything is out where it can be seen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom