OSUT 257: Spring is Finally Here. Bring on the Outdoor Fun and Grilling Season!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Can't decide if I want to try and cut the grass today (if work stays slow) or wait until Saturday. It's really not bad right now, but with rain chances the next 3 days it won't take long to get bad.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Funny, I don't remember writing a column under that pseudonym...
    Hey Rh

I had worried that your "C" word was in reference to Col. Prye.

I'm old and I've had three visits from Col Prye.
    I have to admit that the cameras have gotten smaller and the powerline more flexible.
    Not quite as bad other than well, everything.

Nowdays its more like a well oiled freshman team as opposed to being plowed by the varsity making the most of the last game.

Doc loves my insurance; wants to hit me every 6 months. Never again is too soon, but I've gone about every 6YRS.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Hey Rh

I had worried that your "C" word was in reference to Col. Prye.

I'm old and I've had three visits from Col Prye.
    I have to admit that the cameras have gotten smaller and the powerline more flexible.
    Not quite as bad other than well, everything.

Nowdays its more like a well oiled freshman team as opposed to being plowed by the varsity making the most of the last game.

Doc loves my insurance; wants to hit me every 6 months. Never again is too soon, but I've gone about every 6YRS.
    Thanks, and I really don't know what the Col. Prye references...I've lived a sheltered life, I guess.

I'm 57 and held off this long. Helps that before a bout with vertigo in 2017 hadn't been to a doctor other than for a DOT "physical" in roughly 30 years. Doctor wanted to do one then and I did do the home test which came out ok and then conveniently quit going to the doctor again until late last year on threat of violence by my wife. Took the Cologuard home test and it came back positive, hence my present condition. Think I know why it came back positive, but nigh unto impossible to "back out" of it now...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks, and I really don't know what the Col. Prye references...I've lived a sheltered life, I guess.

I'm 57 and held off this long. Helps that before a bout with vertigo in 2017 hadn't been to a doctor other than for a DOT "physical" in roughly 30 years. Doctor wanted to do one then and I did do the home test which came out ok and then conveniently quit going to the doctor again until late last year on threat of violence by my wife. Took the Cologuard home test and it came back positive, hence my present condition. Think I know why it came back positive, but nigh unto impossible to "back out" of it now...
    I think I've had 3 or 4 now. They usually find a polyp or two each time but they've always been benign. Apparently I'm not the perfect ***hole I thought I was after all. :): Now I'm on the every 5 years schedule, but doc has me do the at home test every year as part of my regular physical.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I think I've had 3 or 4 now. They usually find a polyp or two each time but they've always been benign. Apparently I'm not the perfect ***hole I thought I was after all. :): Now I'm on the every 5 years schedule, but doc has me do the at home test every year as part of my regular physical.
    Truth is, I'm not really that worried about the procedure, or really even the prep. My problem is I'm deathly afraid of needles, and the thought of having an IV is what's kept me from having it done already. I know it's fairly irrational, but it is what it is.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    Morning all. Don't get around these parts much any more, but this morning getting ready to prep for the dreaded "C" word procedure tomorrow (first time), so working from home this morning and starting preparing after noon. Hope everyone else's day is going to go better than mine.
    the mystery of what happened to the piece of gum you swallowed in the 5th grade will soon be unveiled

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Truth is, I'm not really that worried about the procedure, or really even the prep. My problem is I'm deathly afraid of needles, and the thought of having an IV is what's kept me from having it done already. I know it's fairly irrational, but it is what it is.
    Needles have never bothered me, so for me, the prep is absolutely the worst part of the whole thing. The actual procedure to me was like a "slow blink". One minute I'm on the table, I "slow blink" and the next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE

I made up the Col Prye reference on the spot in an effort to be light hearted and flippant about a very disturbing event.
    The rest was true.

Reality is, and I'm convinced now, it is a necessary evil.

I also joke about towel diaper day, but again, I have to admit that the current "Make It Shiny" meds are not as horrible as they used to be.

Mainly, just know that if a jester like me can take it, so can you.
    Best of outcomes for ya!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I made up the Col Prye reference on the spot in an effort to be light hearted and flippant about a very disturbing event.
    The rest was true.

I also joke about towel diaper day, but again, I have to admit that the current "Make It Shiny" meds are not as horrible as they used to be.

Best of outcomes for ya!
    I won't dread prep day as much when my time comes around again this time, now that I have my bidet. :thumbsup:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    The rest was true.

Best of outcomes for ya!
    Thanks, sure everything will be ok.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    The rest was true.

Best of outcomes for ya!
    To add, think I figured out the reference now. If it's what I'm thinking, my wife is also a survivor - 7 years now.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Needles have never bothered me, so for me, the prep is absolutely the worst part of the whole thing. The actual procedure to me was like a "slow blink". One minute I'm on the table, I "slow blink" and the next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery.
    My first two, they did not conk me.
    I had a little yellow pill that made it feel like Saturday party night in hippie land and some laughing gas, to keep me wondering.
    Last time, I was conked.

Oh, and I'm due. Overdue.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    It looks really ominous to the southwest right now, but there's nothing on the radar. Just really dark clouds.
    Expanding out the radar shows that SW is where several days of weather may be originating.

My MS feed warns that nearest rain is 53 miles away and that will include you soon.

Who knows?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom