OSUT#256 - Easter Bunny, Solar Eclipse...what's next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm waging war on the weeds tomorrow. I forget who told me on INGO, but I'm going to try stepping on the thistles before spraying them. They seemed to think that made the spraying more effective. Kind of makes sense if the plants were already damaged I guess.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I haven't ever had allergies, but I've read, they can develop at any stage in life.
    Grew up around mesquites and many wild land toxic plants. Brushed against them all the time and pulled the infected thorns out, often.

Never ever had any allergy troubles until I had lived in Indiana for about five years.

As an amatuer horticultural hobbiest, I can tell you what is attacking me half of the time.

Allergies bite where you can't reach to scratch.
    :):

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I noticed all my lilacs are blooming when I was cutting the back yard today. Can't wait for the viburnum to bloom. They make the whole yard smell good.
    We have a fragrant viburnum in a (stupid) spot where it has outgrown space allowed for it.

This is about a twenty year old shrub with a trunk about ten inches in diameter at the ground. It has been "kept" this way for who knows how long.
    We moved here two years ago.

The cultivar we have will grow to thirty feet high, presenting hundreds of amazing blossoms and cover a thirty foot wide circle if allowed to be.
    But it was planted at/within about two or three feet of the corner of the house.
    They bloom on old wood so keeping it "small" will be like a new science to learn.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have a fragrant viburnum in a (stupid) spot where it has outgrown space allowed for it.

This is about a twenty year old shrub with a trunk about ten inches in diameter at the ground. It has been "kept" this way for who knows how long.
    We moved here two years ago.

The cultivar we have will grow to thirty feet high, presenting hundreds of amazing blossoms and cover a thirty foot wide circle if allowed to be.
    But it was planted at/within about two or three feet of the corner of the house.
    They bloom on old wood so keeping it "small" will be like a new science to learn.
    Both of ours were planted by my dad who knows how many years ago. I remember them both from my childhood, so one is close to 60 years old, and the other one is probably about 50 years old.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Both of ours were planted by my dad who knows how many years ago. I remember them both from my childhood, so one is close to 60 years old, and the other one is probably about 50 years old.
    Awesome!
    I'll assume they make quite a statement when they bloom.
    :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom