OSUT 254: January Cold and Snow Can Gooooo....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Afternoon folks. Safely home from seeing surgeon, dropping a ton of clothes at Faith Mission, stopped at lawyers to drop off paperwork ( nearing end of son’s estate…I hope ), and heading from Elkhart on US 33. to get off at CR 17 . First gas station come to red and blue lights, 2 cop cars in behind a car at pumps. ?? Go about a mile and both lanes stop moving & no oncoming traffic but seeing reds lights, then more red lights. Long story short came to stop

IMG_7143.jpeg

More lights and sirens. Eventually my lane started moving. Rerouting all US 33 traffic onto county road. Eventually got there to turn and got some glimpses. One car I don’t see how anyone survived but hoping at this point. Debris scattered at least a couple hundred yards.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Afternoon folks. Safely home from seeing surgeon, dropping a ton of clothes at Faith Mission, stopped at lawyers to drop off paperwork ( nearing end of son’s estate…I hope ), and heading from Elkhart on US 33. to get off at CR 17 . First gas station come to red and blue lights, 2 cop cars in behind a car at pumps. ?? Go about a mile and both lanes stop moving & no oncoming traffic but seeing reds lights, then more red lights. Long story short came to stop

View attachment 334351

More lights and sirens. Eventually my lane started moving. Rerouting all US 33 traffic onto county road. Eventually got there to turn and got some glimpses. One car I don’t see how anyone survived but hoping at this point. Debris scattered at least a couple hundred yards.
    Right in front of Meijer entrance next to Starbucks.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Right in front of Meijer entrance next to Starbucks.
    I think so but wasn’t really paying much attention to exact location. Was trying to drive and look at situation.Took forever to get thru a couple county stops signs with that amount of cars, trucks, semis almost all needing to turn left.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    We've discovered that Gunner was likely abused to some degree.
    He was fine when we met with him, and fine when I brought him home, but last night he started acting different.
    He laid down beside me and a few minutes later made a growl/grunting type noise and put his head down as he walked away.
    OK, no big deal, it's all new to him.
    Then early this morning, he was sitting beside me and I reached over to pet him, and he did a low growl and wrinkled his lip.
    I touched him and he started howling and barking. I went and got some treats for him and he was perfectly normal again.
    So I let him be.
    I was making breakfast this morning, and he follows me around, so he was next to me and I had a spatula in my hand while talking to him. He coward down and looked fearful.
    Someone has treated this poor pup badly. I'm going to slowly work with him and gain his trust.
    Other than those things, he's been a perfect pup. He loves attention and treats.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    We found lying in a ditch about a 6 month old pup 20 years ago. Road rash indicated it had been drug down the road. Vet, $$$ later nursed her back to health. Wife said we didn’t need another dog but we kept her. For a long time she would cower down or react in manner if I made a sudden move towards her, reached towards her head. She was one of best dogs we ever had. She took on the role of protector, always by my side.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom