OSUT#249 - What's Cooking at Your House??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went to Kroger to pick up a few things to make my chili and you'd have thought there was a blizzard coming. It was a madhouse and they only had one full serve register open and only one set of self-checkouts open. Lines were crazy long.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Went to Kroger to pick up a few things to make my chili and you'd have thought there was a blizzard coming. It was a madhouse and they only had one full serve register open and only one set of self-checkouts open. Lines were crazy long.

Same thing at the Jay-C this morning. It was nearly a customer revolt. A good number of people here do not like the self checkout at all.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same thing at the Jay-C this morning. It was nearly a customer revolt. A good number of people here do not like the self checkout at all.
    As soon as I walked in Kroger I was greeted by a shouting match between the cashier supervisor and a customer at the self-checkouts. It was just lovely. :n00b:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I avoid going to any store after 9am. I don't go at all on the weekends, unless absolutely necessary.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The thieves love the discount at the self checkouts, and the stores don't really care because they're too cheap to hire enough people to run the store. It's a race to the bottom on both parties.
    If anyone bags something, or even sets it in the bagging area without scanning it, it won't let them continue. I love self checkout, but admittedly some folks are too stupid to use them.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    If anyone bags something, or even sets it in the bagging area without scanning it, it won't let them continue. I love self checkout, but admittedly some folks are too stupid to use them.

Most Self-Checkout are Two Cart setups
    So after you have Scanned a Bags worth of Items and moved that bag to the 2ⁿᵈ cart --- you can then take items from the First cart - bypass Scanner -- directly to Second cart

Which is what the Store clerk is really watching for

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    The thieves love the discount at the self checkouts, and the stores don't really care because they're too cheap to hire enough people to run the store. It's a race to the bottom on both parties.
    So you're talking the five finger discount.
    Yeah, I value my freedom too much to get that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Most Self-Checkout are Two Cart setups
    So after you have Scanned a Bags worth of Items and moved that bag to the 2ⁿᵈ cart --- you can then take items from the First cart - bypass Scanner -- directly to Second cart

Which is what the Store clerk is really watching for
    Not the ones I've seen here. And if someone has 2 carts worth of stuff they shouldn't be using self checkout.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom