OSUT#249 - What's Cooking at Your House??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What is it about eating from a garbage can that's appealing?
    I'm not eating anything from a garbage can. :dunno: Can't really fake chicken or steak. I'd love to have the time to raise my own animals and vegetables and prepare everything I eat from scratch, but I don't. Happy for you that you can. :thumbsup:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Not that it's fake, but it certainly doesn't come off the bone.
    And you're saying Taco Bell uses this?

iu

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Really? Got a link? Because the chicken and steak I get in my burritos sure looks real to me (coming from someone that spent 15 years in the restaurant business).
    And what can be considered chicken or steak (happens especially with beef) doesn't actually have to come from what one would consider eatable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not at all, but do you believe they (and many others) wouldn't, considering the cost savings?
    I'm saying that just because that technology is being looked into doesn't mean that it's being used. I'm sorry Lpherr. I get the disdain for fast food, but you're approaching a vegan zeal against it.

I wish I had time (and ability) to grow my grain, mill it into flour, bake my own bread, make my own tortillas, raise my own chickens, beef and vegetables, butcher and prepare them, milk my own cows, make sour cream, etc.. But I only get an hour for lunch so... It's awesome that you do though!

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I'm saying that just because that technology is being looked into doesn't mean that it's being used. I'm sorry Lpherr. I get the disdain for fast food, but you're approaching a vegan zeal against it.

I wish I had time (and ability) to grow my grain, mill it into flour, bake my own bread, make my own tortillas, raise my own chickens, beef and vegetables, butcher and prepare them, milk my own cows, make sour cream, etc.. But I only get an hour for lunch so... It's awesome that you do though!
    It is literally being sold and used, with FDA and USDA approval. It's being sold to restaurants, and it's far passed being looked into.

It has to carry the USDA label stating "formed cell-cultivated XXXXX", so when purchasing, either watch for the label, or buy with the bones intact.

Yes, I have plenty of time to do that.;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is literally being sold and used, with FDA and USDA approval. It's being sold to restaurants, and it's far passed being looked into.

It has to carry the USDA label stating "formed cell-cultivated XXXXX", so when purchasing, either watch for the label, or buy with the bones intact.

Yes, I have plenty of time to do that.;)
    I'm gonna look the next time I go meat shopping. I don't normally read the labels in the meat case packages.

As for time, I think I've seen you post that your wife does a lot of the cooking? Susan doesn't cook. And sometimes she doesn't eat. It makes meal prep rather challenging.

Her health issues keep her from helping me in the yard like she used to (she used to work harder than me!). She tries to do house cleaning, but just running the vacuum hurts her back. She will do it for maybe 5 minutes and stop and rest. But she's trying. So anyhow, yeah, I have to keep up with that too. Which I do happily, but it does cut into my time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom