• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I knew a lot of southern IN was a karst area.

Well if you look along that line, you have Mammoth Cave, Marengo Cave, Squire Boone Caverns, Horse Cave, Onyx Cave, Blue River Caverns ... and that's just the commercial caves I can remember off the top of my head. Hoosier National Forest is chock full of unmarked caves.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    That's beautiful target! It looks like Bakelite?
    A buff set-up will take your finish to excellence. It's pretty close, but an axial buff will remove those fine scratches, and your shine will be amazing.
    It is Italian Acrylic. I only sanded to 400 and did a fast polish. I need to get a buffing setup

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well if you look along that line, you have Mammoth Cave, Marengo Cave, Squire Boone Caverns, Horse Cave, Onyx Cave, Blue River Caverns ... and that's just the commercial caves I can remember off the top of my head. Hoosier National Forest is chock full of unmarked caves.
    We used to go spelunking in Scouts. Sullivan Cave, Trapdoor and Buckner's were the ones we went to I think. All kind of out in the middle of nowhere. I went to Buckner's as an adult in my 20's. It had some challenging areas. We used carbide lamps back then on our hardhats.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    We used to go spelunking in Scouts. Sullivan Cave, Trapdoor and Buckner's were the ones we went to I think. All kind of out in the middle of nowhere. I went to Buckner's as an adult in my 20's. It had some challenging areas. We used carbide lamps back then on our hardhats.

Beck's Mill Cave is the most dangerous one I've ever been in. I know there are more demanding caves, but that was the one that let me know I needed to stay on the beaten path from then on. Was mentioning it this morning.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some of the guided tour caves look like they might be good places to take the grandkids for a day trip. I'm too old and fat to have to belly crawl through passages too low to wear my hardhat and having to push it along in front of me. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Some of the guided tour caves look like they might be good places to take the grandkids for a day trip. I'm too old and fat to have to belly crawl through passages too low to wear my hardhat and having to push it along in front of me. :):
    Me too. I'd get stuck like a cork.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom