Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I noticed it took down an oak branch that's been hanging precariously for quite awhile. Not huge, but might be too big for me to break at the large end. Not worth getting the chainsaw out for though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not sure what I'm doing for lunch today. I imagine Susan will have her leftover pizza. Not super hungry right now. Maybe I'll just get a couple egg rolls and some crab rangoon at the little Chinese place that I saw next to Greek's yesterday.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I noticed it took down an oak branch that's been hanging precariously for quite awhile. Not huge, but might be too big for me to break at the large end. Not worth getting the chainsaw out for though.

I had a pretty good sized branch... maybe 8" diameter, 12-15ft long branch dangling via massive wild grape vine... the low end of it was about 10ft high near the back of my house where I used to live.... I think one of the "neighbors" did something with it when I wasn't home.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had a pretty good sized branch... maybe 8" diameter, 12-15ft long branch dangling via massive wild grape vine... the low end of it was about 10ft high near the back of my house where I used to live.... I think one of the "neighbors" did something with it when I wasn't home.
    This one isn't nearly that big. Maybe 3" at the biggest part and about 8-10' long. It was hung up in some other branches and some pine branches next to it. I'm surprised it hadn't come down before now with some of the wind storms we've had.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Morning Mom, guys. Rolled over and went back to sleep this morning, didn’t climb out of bed until 7:45…felt good. Spring must be here, Almost at least. Geese, swans, ducks all seem to be actively doing their pre-mating rituals. Noticed a week ago buds forming on a few maple trees.

Most winters I am able to bag a few muskrats late winter sitting on ice eating weeds. Ice is gone and not one this winter, was just thinking about that yesterday. This morning looked out and a muskrat on the ice ( very small skim froze over night in couple spots). Would have required getting dressed and sneaking out by shop to get a proper angle. Debated for a while, is it worth it ? Finally at wife’s urging decided it was. Of course just as I got some pants on, grabbed coat, and headed to door saw a bunch of geese swim up and plunk, into the water goes the rat. Went out and waited a while but gave up finally and came back in for more coffee. Dang it, I have really been in the mood to shoot something lately and missed my chance.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I had a place in my yard at same property I mentioned above... Doing some landscaping around the mailbox there and let my shovel fall over and, hard to describe, but it sounded really hollow. So I went in several places stomping and smacking the ground with my shovel and noticed the ground did sound very different there around the mailbox...

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    One here in Salem that has a ledge just wide enough for your foot and I guess 60ft long... you hug the wall and slide along sideways... with swift rapids churning 10ft below... fall in and you get swept away and carried further underground... couldn't do that now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom