Ordered my christmas present yesterday . . M&P 9mm? Dont mind if I do!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Looks like I'll probably be picking it up on Monday, instead of Tuesday.

When I'm able to get out to the range, maybe I'll do a write up on it. This will be my first handgun (i've shot quite a few others)

what's some good practice ammo? It seems like the gun will eat anything you put through it, and I recieved some blazer brass for Christmas. Thoughts?

I'm also curious about carry loads. I think I have narrowed it down to a few brands/types. Seems like hyrda-shok is a great choice, along with corbon, etc

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    The Noblesville Wal-mart has had Winchester White Box in stock the last couple times I've been. Just buy a bunch of it or Blazer is fine. 500 rounds and the trigger will be broken in. Any of the leading self defense loads will work just fine. Just make sure you shoot some to make sure the M&P likes it before you carry it (of course you knew that already). I've put 6,500 rounds through my first MP9 without a single malfunction. It's starting to get "loose" and I'm due to change some springs and maintenance parts. I actually ordered a 2nd MP9 from CDNN so who knows if I'll ever do anything to my first one :)

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The Noblesville Wal-mart has had Winchester White Box in stock the last couple times I've been. Just buy a bunch of it or Blazer is fine. 500 rounds and the trigger will be broken in. Any of the leading self defense loads will work just fine. Just make sure you shoot some to make sure the M&P likes it before you carry it (of course you knew that already). I've put 6,500 rounds through my first MP9 without a single malfunction. It's starting to get "loose" and I'm due to change some springs and maintenance parts. I actually ordered a 2nd MP9 from CDNN so who knows if I'll ever do anything to my first one :)

I've heard similar stories from other m&p owners.

What parts are getting loose on yours? I hear the slide can start to feel loose after awhile, but that if you keep up on the maintenance that it all holds together pretty well

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Someone say how awesome M&Ps are? You can not go wrong with one of these guns, very nice. Only thing I dont like is the trigger can use help (getting a trigger job first part of the year). Mag disconnect is annoying at first but you get used to it (im just going to have it taken off, when I get the trigger job).

21531_235206991600_581381600_3655448_6960819_n.jpg

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Someone say how awesome M&Ps are? You can not go wrong with one of these guns, very nice. Only thing I dont like is the trigger can use help (getting a trigger job first part of the year). Mag disconnect is annoying at first but you get used to it (im just going to have it taken off, when I get the trigger job).

21531_235206991600_581381600_3655448_6960819_n.jpg

Yeah. Mine will have the mag disconnect as well. I really like the idea of a turn key internal lock, but I couldn't get that without the mag disconnect

I plan on drilling with the pistol, and plan on taking classes (thru some of the folks here) - I'm lucky to have a private property country location open to me so that I can do more that stand at a firing line.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I've heard similar stories from other m&p owners.

What parts are getting loose on yours? I hear the slide can start to feel loose after awhile, but that if you keep up on the maintenance that it all holds together pretty well

The slide is a little more loose than it was new. But 6,500 rounds will cause that to most pistols. It still shoots lights out. I should have replaced some springs a while back, but she's still running fine.

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The slide is a little more loose than it was new. But 6,500 rounds will cause that to most pistols. It still shoots lights out. I should have replaced some springs a while back, but she's still running fine.

Good to know.

On another forum I was trolling, one member was doing a torture test of 50k rounds. He was doing the regular maintenance, but nothing more. I'm not a big fan of torture tests, but it was crazy how reliable the gun stayed. Out of 100k rds, he reported single digit malfunctions.

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, due to shipping delays, looks like tomorrow will be the day (well I guess technically today, as I just realized it's almost 1:30 in the morning .... What am I still doing up???)

my wife says I'm worse than our kids were waiting for Christmas

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    You will absolutely love the M&P. Of all my handguns, it is the one I always go for and have by my side for home defense. Performance, reliability, looks, feel, etc. it has it all and I just can't get tired of handling it.

Top Bottom