• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Like a few others have pointed out,:xmad::n00b::rolleyes: and even:puke: at some of the spin, terms, and slanting of the article.

Having said that, I also agree, WHY can't something like that ever happen to me?!?!?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I did a search on amazon.com for Sig Sauer. The only guns they had for sale were Air Softs and decals of guns.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Look around

Can you see any big trees from your front door? If you order a TV, and a rifle is delivered instead, expect to see a guy with binoculars in one of those trees.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Maybe his wife thought hubby was getting too fat and soft. She thought the best thing she could do for his health was to encourage him to get off his fat butt, quit watching too much TV and drinking too much beer, and take up something healthy like deer hunting and spend every weekend between October and January in the woods with his friends. So she just thought a nice Sig rifle would be the perfect gift. Aren't all wives are like that?? :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I did a search on amazon.com for Sig Sauer. The only guns they had for sale were Air Softs and decals of guns.
    Since Amazon is basically a clearing house for a multitude of companies, the warehouse from which the rifle (not advertised on Amazon) was shipped probably ships other products advertised on Amazon (TV's) as well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Since Amazon is basically a clearing house for a multitude of companies, the warehouse from which the rifle (not advertised on Amazon) was shipped probably ships other products advertised on Amazon (TV's) as well.

I defer...I'm really ignorant on how amazon works.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    "Clearly, it's a dangerous situation in America when assault weapons are so prevalent and can so easily end up in the wrong hands, especially given that the rifle was left on the doorstep. Thank goodness, Mr. Horvitz and his wife alerted the Metropolitan police right away. This mishap could have led to another tragedy."

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guy Received an Assault Rifle in the Mail After He Ordered a TV

Rifle Meant for Firearms Dealer Accidentally Delivered to D.C. Man Who Ordered a TV | Video | TheBlaze.com

Holy Shinikees!

Guy in Washington state ordered a flat screen TV from a third-party seller on Amazon. What the freight company delivered was a Sig Sauer rifle. Dude's not an FFL.

Apparently, somewhere in transit the shipping label on the TV was swapped onto the rifle over the intended destination, which was an FFL in Duncansville, PA, which cuts the sender loose from any accusations of violations of the ATF reg against mailing a gun to a non-FFL. My understanding of that reg is that it's not a violation to RECEIVE a gun via common carrier if you're not an FFL, so the musician dude is in the clear, especially since he apparently made noises about "Where's mah damn Tee Vee?" and gave up the gun.

My question is where does the carrier's culpability lie in this? As far as I can tell, it doesn't have to be malicious (disgruntled worker having a laugh at the company's expense), or even to have been an employee of the company at all (driver doesn't notice vandal sneak to the back of open truck and quickly swap TV label over rifle label), but because it left the sender's care and entered the carrier's care, and it was in the carrier's care that the misroute happened, this carrier's gonna lose a thing or two over this.

Edit: Ouch. I missed the D.C. references. This guy's not in Washington state. He's in Washington, D.C.... with an evil, black sniper rifle. OMG! Call the Secret Service! Call the CIA! Call the FBI! Call the NSA! Call the BSA! Someone's gotta do something about this private person who possessed a gun in our nation's capital!

Edit Edit: The video said that the Sig Sauer rifle was illegal in D.C. The clueless recipient called it an assault rifle. Can anyone follow up and confirm that it was or was not fully-automatic in nature? If it is full-auto, I can imagine that it's illegal in D.C. for that reason. If it is, in fact, semi-, then why would D.C. law ban it outright? I remember Barney Frank getting the kid glove treatment when it was discovered that he had a shotgun in his D.C. home, but Heller should have ended such blanket prohibitions. Of course, once the recipient got the MPD involved, the MPD could claim anything they wanted when he let them take it. I'm sure there are some MPD officers having fun with that rifle at the range as we speak.

Who among us who are either admirers of Sig Sauer or the .308 cartridge would have minded getting such a delivery of a $1,500 rifle in lieu of a $400 TV? Would we have said anything or just stopped using Amazon third-party sellers and bought another TV through other channels?

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    99.999999999999999% of firearms called "assault weapons" by the media aren't. i.e. FULLY automatic, select fire.

Can you say "Yellow Journalism"?

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    CZ America sent me a new 20ga auto shotgun VIA Fedex one day. Pretty thing. It should have gone to an FFL in Illinois that has the same name as me.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Except you're missing the fact that "assault rifles" are banned in the District and possession will get you thrown under the jail. Anywhere in the sane states, it wouldn't be a problem, (except maybe Chicago or SF). The guy did the right thing to preserve his life and freedom. Anything else could have resulted in a nice prison term for him. Doesn't make him a nancy at all, just someone who knows the rules where he lives.

Oh he's Nancy, check out the nail polish! :cool:

Top Bottom