• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I do tend to agree with some of the posters here on the cost of the ring. I heard on the TV last night that the average cost of a wedding today is $33,000. I did my daughters for $8000. And it was nice. 300+ people and that $8K was all in; food, venue, photog, flowers, cake, etc...

Figure out your total costs and budget and spend appropriately. Maybe $6500 is not much for you. It's all relative. Sell that AMC and your golden!:)

Well, now we all have our limits. Besides she wouldn't be very happy with me if I did that. And $6500.00 is a lot of money but not more than I figured, I just didn't figure this early in the year. Later in the year is better do to business being better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And mine Tim.

First bike: Mach II 350 triple
    Second bike: KZ650(my favorite)
    Third: Vulcan 800 classic(least favorite)

I haven't owned many and most likely I am done, though I do get bike fever now and again.:)

We are done with 2 wheels for several reasons. Getting old sucks....:)

Owned 1 triple and rode several. Scariest bikes ever. A set of chambers and carbs and they become death machines....:)
    KZ's were our flavor of choice.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    England Jewelers, Moline, IL , Ideal cut diamonds

Bought my expensive stone from him. Easiest decision we made regarding the wedding. His markup was far less than anyone else and we shopped locally at distinctive and shane co. as well as visiting the diamond district in Chicago. What we wanted was pretty simple, a large round stone in a solitaire setting. I gave him my price and he found us three of the best stones we had seen. Once we saw them it took all of about 10 minutes to pick one and that was it. He took care of the rest and shipped it to our door. We've since kept in touch and gotten some other pieces from him. He'll also make just about anything you want, just send him a picture or some design ideas. He likes to brag that he is one of the very few jewelers that still exists in Moline because he doesn't charge a huge markup. He just wants to make a little profit and have happy customers. I believe he said 90% of his business comes from word of mouth.

I happened to have a credit card offer me 0% on purchases for a year when I bought the wify's ring, don't know if you get similar offers but works out well if you can be disciplined enough to pay it off in the year's time.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    If I didn't just buy a house(finally), I'd be interested in one of those KZ's.:)

I'll wait until you post stuff and take a look.

Hehehehehehe
    I saw his bikes. Those are from my day's.....:)

And mine Tim.

First bike: Mach II 350 triple
    Second bike: KZ650(my favorite)
    Third: Vulcan 800 classic(least favorite)

I haven't owned many and most likely I am done, though I do get bike fever now and again.:)

Unfortunately guys most of the bikes belong to my dad. I somehow doubt he would appreciate me selling them.

My friend, you know I will be looking and doing what I can to help out.
    I understand the commitment a ring like that signify's and if it is what you want go for it.
    That said, the wife and I got matching bands with some small stones in them to start the party off.
    After 15 years we went out and I set her up properly.
    This year we will see 34 years together.
    The ring did not do this.....we did.
    Luck and best wishes.
    See-ya in the classy's

Trust me, and you know, I understand this. I honestly can't ever remember a time I was actually looking forward to spending this much money on a single item that wasn't something that went Vroom or Bang.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    When considering the price of the ring, also think about how much you will spend on ceremony and honeymoon.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    When considering the price of the ring, also think about how much you will spend on ceremony and honeymoon.

Both will be very modest. We like simple where we can be. The ceremony will most likely be at our church, its small and plain but it is also where we meet. Her grandfather owns a ranch in Kentucky and we are planning on going down there this spring to visit and hopefully share the news, but also just to see the to see if it is how she remembers it from when she was a kid. If it is what she wants and if her grandparents don't mind we will probably just kick it on their ranch for a week or two. They don't live on the land anymore so we will be alone.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Congrats KT, sounds like she's patient with you.
    Give her what she wants and deserves. I hate saying this out loud....but....Don't cheap out on a good woman. It reminds her of how you value her.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both will be very modest. We like simple where we can be. The ceremony will most likely be at our church, its small and plain but it is also where we meet. Her grandfather owns a ranch in Kentucky and we are planning on going down there this spring to visit and hopefully share the news, but also just to see the to see if it is how she remembers it from when she was a kid. If it is what she wants and if her grandparents don't mind we will probably just kick it on their ranch for a week or two. They don't live on the land anymore so we will be alone.

That would be a Honeymoon to me and my spouse. Great idea.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Congrats KT, sounds like she's patient with you.
    Give her what she wants and deserves. I hate saying this out loud....but....Don't cheap out on a good woman. It reminds her of how you value her.

:yesway: I'm going to see what I can do as far as trading with the jeweler and haggling but I know this is the ring she wants so its the ring I'm going to give her if it rips all the hair off my ass to do it.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I thought so too. And the best part is it was hers! I've only seen pics of the property but it seems very peaceful. They still maintain the property and keep a couple horses there too. So it should be a lot of fun.
    Sounds great. We had our wedding reception at wife's dad's house and our honeymoon in brown county. Extravagant, no. Memorable, yes.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Also, we did away with the dj, replaced by some cds I burned myself. Fortunately, my cds lasted exactly as long as we had guests.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ok so now I have to brag on her a bit.

She came by my shop and dropped me off a surprise anniversary present. I wasn't expecting this at all. We went out to dinner at Maggiano's and did a little shopping at the Fashion Mall and I got her a couple small things she liked I didn't ask for anything. But she shows up today with a black and blue box in her hand and says this came in the mail today.

knife%20pics%20001_zpsg6q9yckt.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

knife%20pics%20002_zpsdyxnkzfd.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

knife%20pics%20003_zps2zoum2lk.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

ZT 0550BW that has been on my Blade HQ wish list for months. I removed it the other day when I saw it was out of stock. This was a Blade HQ exclusive and is not available anywhere else so I was shocked to see she got one (probably the last one). Attached is a Bella Blades custom grey Terotuf scale. Similar to Micarta but feels more like denim I just finished putting the scale on and snapped some pics. This is my first ZT knife.

See this is why I am going to spoil her with a ring guys. :rockwoot:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Save money where possible on the wedding and honeymoon, they are ephemeral. Buy a nice ring, it will last forever and women do compare and show-off such things. Mrs. Slawburger still beams when someone notices her ring and compliments her upon it. If her friends are impressed by the ring then you get points. You can upgrade the stone later but more people "intend to" than actually "do". :twocents:

Congratulations, a good woman is a blessing all your days.

Top Bottom