• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomer372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    looking to buy a lever in .44 mag, toss up between marlin and rossi/ puma. marlin for quality and reliability, rossi/puma for value. any opinions on rossi/puma? everything i've read says good bang for the dollar. but can a sidemounted scope take the abuse that a weaver rail will take. this rifle will hunt and shoot, not be put in a closet or safe.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol i been looking for the exact same thing. look around for a winchester also as they are top of the line imo. i think i am gonna go with the marlin 18 in with the stainless barrel and reciever. i played with a couple puma's at the gun show and i just wasn't impressed. i think for the extra money i will go with the marlin though my dad keeps yelling get a winchester they are the best lol

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    MARLIN....best over all....designed for scope..drilled and tapped at factory for top mount...side eject...I got one and love it...:rockwoot:

ddewyse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    North Central Indiana
    I have heard good things about the Puma lever actions concerning reliability and value. However, if I were to get another lever action, I would go with the Marlin due to its flexibility in the option to add a sturdy scope mount without any gunsmithing. The older Winchester AE (angled eject) models are also nice but the price is way up there because they haven't been made for a number of years.

m82mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Milton,In.
    You might look at the Henry 'big boy' in 44mag.
    Otherwise Marlin for Jacketed bullets,
    Rossi works good with either. (IMHO).

Support F.O.NRA

Mike

Top Bottom