• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I do alot of work in other people's homes and get to see some interesting things (another story ...). But anyway, here recently I'm seeing infra-red heaters that reportedly cost just under $300 dollars. Everyone who has one swears by it.

Any opinions or experience with these?

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I do alot of work in other people's homes and get to see some interesting things (another story ...). But anyway, here recently I'm seeing infra-red heaters that reportedly cost just under $300 dollars. Everyone who has one swears by it.

Any opinions or experience with these?

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have one, but I've also heard great things about them. Apparently they can pay for themselves in a very short period of time.

I have a pretty open basement that we spend a lot of time in and it just doesn't stay as warm as the rest of the house...I'd like some recommendations as well.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I takes the exact same amount of electricity to run any and all heaters that have the same wattage output. There is no such thing as one heater being cheaper to operate than another unless it makes less heat. This is gospel. Anyone that tells you different is sorely misinformed.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    They are great if you have a room that is a little chilly.
    The wife put one in our bedroom, works great. Very safe.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I takes the exact same amount of electricity to run any and all heaters that have the same wattage output. There is no such thing as one heater being cheaper to operate than another unless it makes less heat. This is gospel. Anyone that tells you different is sorely misinformed.

^^^What he said^^^

Why spend $300 on a box with coils in it when you can buy one for $50 that will use the same amount of electricity? That said the "They pay for themselves" claim is based on not using a big forced air unit to heat areas that don't get used often. You can accomplish the same thing by lowering your thermostat and buying a sweater. :D

dsells13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Lafayette
    Yeah, I have a $50 space heater, and despite the popularity with the recent Infared heaters, mine keeps my living room nice and toasty

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I have an Edenpure infrared heater upstairs. We keep the heat on in the basement, and between the hot air rising to the main floor and the Edenpure heater, we haven't turned on the main floor heat yet this year. Our house is 2500 sq ft upstairs and downstairs.

Top Bottom