• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Hi, guys, my two centavos, I own an XD .45 ACP TACTICAL target pistol, actually its a combat gun, but man, this thing is accurate.....can knock a gnats' eye out at 50 feet, I kid you not...

I also own an STI Target Master long slide, great target pistol, high-end, though, and not a good piece to carry, too big for me, so I would definately look hard at the Springfield line of 1911's.

I really like the looks and prices of the Springfield 1911's, the GI model and the rest always catch my eye, could be my next 1911 purchase....they have captured the simplicity of design perfectly, I've fired a few, but not enough to vouch for their accuracy .....

Out I am....dammitt......;)

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    You mentioned prices scaring you off. It is always done me better to spend the money on what you want. Otherwise, you'll just end up with a bunch of stuff you want to trade down the road for what you wanted in the first place. Just spend the extra money now and be happy man. Oh and buy a kimber instead! lol jk jk. Not really.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    I am surprised nobody has mentioned the EMP series. 9mm or 40S&W - mine is the EMP40. Fantastic carry piece and just disappears under any clothing. All the bells and whistles including Novak night sights, tuned trigger, carry meld and stainless. POA is incredible and a very pleasant shooting firearm - for what it is, a 3" 1911. I highly recommend at least a look at.

dsc04773bw.jpg

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    What about the S&W line of 1911's? Where do they fit in on spectrum from lowest end east asian copy to highest end custom gun? And what about SIG? Is either S&W or SIG worth the small premium over the Springfield?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    What about the S&W line of 1911's? Where do they fit in on spectrum from lowest end east asian copy to highest end custom gun? And what about SIG? Is either S&W or SIG worth the small premium over the Springfield?
    In My Opinion, the S&W 1911's, are GREAT, I shot a full sixe, when in Corpus Christy Tx., ran SEVERAL Boxes of factory rounds, through a rental, and I loved it... They used to run, from about $900.00 for a
    regular one, up to about $2000.00 for a performance center... the Doug
    K., model was around $1500.00..... Exellent in my opinion...

VotingGunOwner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    The S&W's are awesome, but way pricey. I owned a Springer 1911 GI .45 and it was great. Beautiful Stainless gun with the checkered wood "U.S." grips. Had no problems with it whatsoever. Hated to sell it, but needed the money for my AR/AK purchases.

I highly recommend Springfields. They are great for the money, and with a little extra, you can turn it into a real tackdriving racegun.

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    I am surprised nobody has mentioned the EMP series. 9mm or 40S&W - mine is the EMP40. Fantastic carry piece and just disappears under any clothing. All the bells and whistles including Novak night sights, tuned trigger, carry meld and stainless. POA is incredible and a very pleasant shooting firearm - for what it is, a 3" 1911. I highly recommend at least a look at.

dsc04773bw.jpg

I have to agree. I have the EMP ( Enhanced Micro Pistol) in 9mm and it is an excellent piece, if you can't find one local look at the online auctions.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    An important point for me is that springfield pays attention to the civilian market. I'm a Colt man but it has been a long time since they have offered much for average carrier. Springfield has earned my business. I have a couple XD's. My next 1911 purchase will be a Springfield.

slars1327

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    SPEEDWAY AREA
    I bought loaded model PX9109LP I love it its as good as my Colt and I had the custom shop put in a recessed lanyard latch (75.00) which took 10 days turnaround. It fires and handles GREAT. I own 2 Colt Govt. series 70's in 45 and 9mm I actually use the Springfield for carry and and retired the 2 colts to the safe. I think you would love the loaded model

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'll chime in. I have a stainless Springfield Mil-Spec, which is my second 1911. I consider it barely suficient in its stock form. While a good platform for customizing, out-of-the-box mine suffered from feeding problems, very heavy trigger pull, and inaccuracy. I can't achieve any reasonable group, most likely because I can't master the heavy trigger pull. I'm still working with this gun to get it the way I want it, but I'm not there yet.

I think I would have liked it better had I bought it first. Rather, I have been spoiled by spending 10+ years with a series I Kimber. The Springfield pales in comparison.

Still, it is a pretty, shiny gun.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'll chime in. I have a stainless Springfield Mil-Spec, which is my second 1911. I consider it barely suficient in its stock form. While a good platform for customizing, out-of-the-box mine suffered from feeding problems, very heavy trigger pull, and inaccuracy. I can't achieve any reasonable group, most likely because I can't master the heavy trigger pull. I'm still working with this gun to get it the way I want it, but I'm not there yet.

I think I would have liked it better had I bought it first. Rather, I have been spoiled by spending 10+ years with a series I Kimber. The Springfield pales in comparison.

Still, it is a pretty, shiny gun.

Mil-Spec isn't in direct competition with the Series 1 Kimber. The Springfield Loaded is and is a much better pistol (from an out of box shooting point of view).

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Mil-Spec isn't in direct competition with the Series 1 Kimber. The Springfield Loaded is and is a much better pistol (from an out of box shooting point of view).

Well, of course it isn't. IMHO there is nothing in competion with a Series I Kimber.

Me biased? You bet.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    have a springfield XD sub .40 and full size XD .45..the 1911 will be my next..if it shoots anything like the others..i will be one happy mother..errrr..well i'll be happy.

Top Bottom