• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can't say much about them, but I do have an upper by olyimpic arms which I have been very pleased with. If your thinking about an AR check out the group buy section, there's a killer deal on flattop upper with a lower receiver and parts kits. With a INGO AR build party coming up you will have a chance to have help building ur own AR.

sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got an Oylimpic AR, never had a problem with it, never a mis-fire or a mis-feed. I've shot a couple of thousand rounds with it. Shoots the cheap Wolf ammo with no problems and shoots all the high dollar with no problem either. Yep there's nicer and fancier ones out there. Like I've said on here before, this thing will shoots rocks when the SHTF. I know of ( been there, done that) many high end AR's that can't shoot the cheap stuff.
    Now if you want to compitetion shoot, might not be my choice. But if you want to reach out and touch something in everyday life....I'm very comfortable with mine.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I bought a Oly. 5.45 upper. I had to do some filing to get it to fit. I have bought other brands that fit right in with no work at all. This has been my only experience with them, but next time I will look at something else.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Some people like them just like theres people that like Hipoints. Theres a market for them.

That being said I bought one and it was a huge POS. Sold it the next day. Fit and finish was off with the upper and the receiver did match. The two pieces didnt fit together very well either. Oh and it would jam every few rounds.

Last edited:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I also have a question about Olympic Arms AR's... Does anyone know if the Olymipic lowers are compatible with other uppers from different manufactures? For example, if I have a 7.62x39 upper from del-ton, will it work on an Olympic lower receiver?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i had a colt one time that was a total POS. every manufacturer makes a dud sometimes. remember if you buy a new gun its probly under warranty send it in to be fixed or replaced. i have many different brands of AR's and like i have said before, they are all the same with the exception of afew small differences. some times headspacing could be off, maybe you need to ad a 2 dollar spacer to make the upper and lower tight. buy the olympic. its a great first AR and you can always upgrade and still get back out of it almost what you put into it. or if prices keep rising maybe more. you will be happy. im gonna buy another olympic here shortly. and im buying a colt too. and i bet you they both fire the same, the only difference will be the fact that i can almost buy 3 olympic AR's for the price of 1 colt.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I also have a question about Olympic Arms AR's... Does anyone know if the Olymipic lowers are compatible with other uppers from different manufactures? For example, if I have a 7.62x39 upper from del-ton, will it work on an Olympic lower receiver?

I'm pretty sure a lower is a lower is a lower, so yes.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I owned one for several years. Oly Arms Plinker Plus post-ban. I had no issues with it. I personally put 3000+ rounds through mine. Had the barrel threaded, added accessories. It was a good firearm.

That being said, it was not sub-MOA. It was a combat ready assault weaponthat I would have had no issues trusting my life with. Brand names are just that, names. Granted, some are made better than others. EVERY company makes a dud.

Bottom line, know your budget and know for what purpose you are buying a particular type of weapon. Make sure the two meet somewhere in the middle.

Buying a $700 Olympic arms for a competition gun would be foolish in my opinion. Also, spending $1600 or whatever for a Colt just to plink with is equally foolish IMO. :twocents:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I have had 1 plinker plus, one lower and one flat-top upper from Olympic. Every single piece has had a problem.

I just built a Rock River Arms lower with a magpul stock and grip, added a Lewis Machine Tool upper and have about $865 in it total. Everything is perfect.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have had 1 plinker plus, one lower and one flat-top upper from Olympic. Every single piece has had a problem.

I just built a Rock River Arms lower with a magpul stock and grip, added a Lewis Machine Tool upper and have about $865 in it total. Everything is perfect.

where did you buy all that for so cheap? thats pretty good price for all that stuff with those names

Top Bottom