• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    ok back in 2011 i was arrested for public intoxication and criminal mischief.....basically i got drunk and broke some windows(according to police officers suspicion) after arguing with a friend......i know dumb.....well the public intox was dropped and i was only convicted of criminal mischief class b misdemeanor.....i was on probation for a year and completed it in dec 2012.....i had another PI about 7 years ago....i applied for my ltch......do u think i will be denied???

Last edited:

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    actually i was never arrested....when the officers stopped me i was bleeding pretty bad on my forearm ...a few blocks away from where the windows were broken....i denied breaking anything....it wasnt my friends windows either.....i was taken to the hospital and released in the morn.....i called the local police the following monday and asked if i had any charges and they said that i was a suspect in the broken windows and after about a week they would issue a warrant and to call in a week....after a week i called, they issued the warrant, i turned myself in, paid my bond, left.....got a lawyer and he took care of it and had a plea bargain to drop PI if i pleaded guilty to the criminal mischief b misdemeanor.....so i did and did 1 yr probation, never got in trouble, and now im off probation

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Being charged with a crime equates to being arrested, a custodial arrest is when you are actually taken into custody. With that said, there is nothing preventing you from being issued an LTCH. Be sure you list your arrests though or you may have some trouble.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Well based on your your original post and then this wreck of a post right after it... I especially like the "never got in trouble" part after you admit to lying. Anyways, if they do grant it I hope you you make better decisions in the future. Welcome to the forums and remember whatever you post is forever...

actually i was never arrested....when the officers stopped me i was bleeding pretty bad on my forearm ...a few blocks away from where the windows were broken....i denied breaking anything....it wasnt my friends windows either.....i was taken to the hospital and released in the morn.....i called the local police the following monday and asked if i had any charges and they said that i was a suspect in the broken windows and after about a week they would issue a warrant and to call in a week....after a week i called, they issued the warrant, i turned myself in, paid my bond, left.....got a lawyer and he took care of it and had a plea bargain to drop PI if i pleaded guilty to the criminal mischief b misdemeanor.....so i did and did 1 yr probation, never got in trouble, and now im off probation

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    well on the app i listed "criminal mischief, public intoxication"...and thats it..bc i had the PI 7 years ago and i figured listing it twice was unecessary....i fugured it would cover the one 7 years ago and the one that got dropped by writing it once

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Well based on your your original post and then this wreck of a post right after it... I especially like the "never got in trouble" part after you admit to lying. Anyways, if they do grant it I hope you you make better decisions in the future. Welcome to the forums and remember whatever you post is forever...

i never lied....DURING PROBATION i never got in trouble. i was REALEASED....also i was drunk when the incident happened, and from my memory and what my friend told me i cut my arm jumping over a fence and not from breaking any windows.....its a long story.....it was dumb....i know...thats why i havnt had a single drink since this incident......the police stopped me in front of some house where some windows that were broken....i personally dont believe i broke them but i PLEADED guilty to it bc my lawyer said at the cost to take it to trial to show they had no PROOF i broke anything, then be charged with a PI during trial,(class b misdemeanor) the plea agreement basically got me 1 class b misdemeanor(criminal mischief) and dropped PI.....wich either way i was getting a b misd.......so pay abunch of $$$ or just plead guilty n either way im doin probation.......

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    i never lied....DURING PROBATION i never got in trouble. i was REALEASED....also i was drunk when the incident happened, and from my memory and what my friend told me i cut my arm jumping over a fence and not from breaking any windows.....its a long story.....it was dumb....i know...thats why i havnt had a single drink since this incident......the police stopped me in front of some house where some windows that were broken....i personally dont believe i broke them but i PLEADED guilty to it bc my lawyer said at the cost to take it to trial to show they had no PROOF i broke anything, then be charged with a PI during trial,(class b misdemeanor) the plea agreement basically got me 1 class b misdemeanor(criminal mischief) and dropped PI.....wich either way i was getting a b misd.......so pay abunch of $$$ or just plead guilty n either way im doin probation.......

I thought you were stopped down the street from where the windows were broken.

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    I thought you were stopped down the street from where the windows were broken.

i was stopped about a half hour after the windows were broken...it was by the house i think or down the road close by im not sure...my friend lived near by.....its a long story......not here to go into details about it but i could if u want

rdavis006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I believe the question you are worried about only ask about convictions. Don't believe you have to list any arrest that didn't lead to a conviction. If you listed your convictions you should be fine, if you didn't list your convictions you can be denied for falsification of the application

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    ok heres the whole damn story.....i was drinking with a friend.....he gets mouthy and confrontational sometimes when he drinks.....we had been out for another friends bachelor party that night....got to confrontational friends house....he started **** with me....i left to avoid confrontation....i walked a few blocks away....called my brother for a ride........seen a cop car slow down an put a spot light on me.....i ran...i jumped a fence....cut up my arm.....called confrontational friends house and said i was coming back to wait for my ride bc i cut up my arm(he told me i called him and said that)...i was drunk, dont remember.....DONT LECTURE ME I KNOW IT WAS DUMB AND I DONT DRINK BC OF IT....IT was a bachelor party what do u expect.......well on my way back to his house a officer pulled up and asked me if i had broken some windows....i said No....he noticed i was cut on my forearm pretty bad....called an ambulance....i went to hospital.....dont remember the ride to or getting to hospital(being drunk and bleeding pretty bad)....next morning "came to" and i was getting ready to get stitched up.......i left hospital and handled everything bc i knew i had to have gotten a PI for it......when i called about the PI they said i was a suspect in the windows being broke......thats when i found out about that charge and got a lawyer..........EITHER WAY i was asking if i would get denied due to the PI getting dropped, after having one 7 years prior.....i have no felonies or domestic violences thats why i asked....i only have 2 b misdemeanors on my record

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I guess what threw me off was is in the original post (prior to the edit) you said you got drunk and broke some windows after arguing with a friend. EITHER WAY you should hear back on the application soon...

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    I guess what threw me off was is in the original post (prior to the edit) you said you got drunk and broke some windows after arguing with a friend. EITHER WAY you should hear back on the application soon...

i was fingerprinted (L1) on feb 15, paid $50 at sherrifs office on feb 21st....from what i read itll take about 9 weeks....sorry for the confusion in the original post...its just a long stupid story and i was trying to kkep it simple lol

kushmob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    i really wanted to fight the charge....i know i didnt break the windows....they have to have evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt....all they had was i was in the area 30 mins later bleeding with a really bad cut.....but my lawyer said since they worked out a plea agreement to drop the PI if i pleaded guilty to criminal mischief, it would be cheaper in the long run......if i did win at trial they would still have convicted me of PI.....both are class B misd........so either way i looked at it i was gettin a B misd. and gonna do a year probation

Lesson learned=DONT DRINK, itll ruin your life

Top Bottom