• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I have not shot one yet but I love the ergonomics. I wish they would cone out with an fnx9 tactical. Like their 45 tactical.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I own both a matte stainless FNP9 that is my daily carry gun. I also have a FNP40 matte black USG model. The USG models are decocker plus safety, and they have front cocking serrations. The standard model is decocker only. They come with interchangeable back straps and three mags. I have over 500 rounds through my 9mm, and over 400 through my .40. I have had 0 issues with either one of them. They have fired every type of JHP and FMJ ammo I have ran through them. They also have the FNX, which is very similar in terms of the controls, compared to the FNP 45. I have shot our fellow member Cru's FNX9, and liked it. Felt very similar too the FNP. So, I highly recommend one. The FN's are top quality and affordable. You can also check out the FN forum.

FN PS90 FN SCAR FN FS2000 FN FiveseveN 5.7x28mm FNP :: FN Forum.NET

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have an FNP45 which I really like. I vastly prefer it to a USP45.

I've shot a friends FNP45 (which led me to buy mine) and his 45 tactical. Best polymer/DA pistol on the market right now IMO.

Sturmgwhere does a great review of his:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQLZww7IP6M]YouTube - Review: FNH FNP 45 Pistol[/ame]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just to echo what was said, FN makes great high quality stuff. The only way you can go wrong is if your hand doesn't fit. :D Of course there is also that rare chance that you would get the one in several thousand that was built on a bad day. Hope not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    great firearms, tested 36,000+ rounds before any parts need replaced.
    it has replaceable slide rails which is a major plus

I've got probably 15,000 rounds through mine and have never had one ftf, fte, or anyother single issue with it,

oh and the drop safety works very well.. i was a :n00b: didn't have my holster retention set the right way and it flew about 20 feet when i tripped getting out of my car and landed on the hammer...

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    When I think FN handguns I think.... why would you pass on guns like the M&P or Glock in favor of a DA / SA gun by FN?

I guess if you never wanted to compete with it ever, and just wanted to tote it around it would be okay.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Not quite sure I understand what prevents the FN from being used in competition. I have read through the rule books for most disciplines as I do compete and I don't recall seeing FN's banned.

They arent banned, but DA/SA is pretty hard to be competitive with unless that trigger is SMOOOOTH as silk.

Which the FNs that I have handled have not been.

I am not saying it couldnt be done, but its not ideal by a long shot. I shot a CZ 75 for a while, one of the better DA / SA guns, and after moving to a striker gun, sold off all the CZs a few months later.

There is a reason they dominate, and its not just because they are cheaper and easier to find parts for. Its because they are easier to shoot well.

Last edited:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    thats why you don't start DA......start in SA mode.....lol

FN is a great company that builds quality products for a fair price. I still want a 5.7 pistol, but i must be crazy....lol

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    When I think FN handguns I think.... why would you pass on guns like the M&P or Glock in favor of a DA / SA gun by FN?

I guess if you never wanted to compete with it ever, and just wanted to tote it around it would be okay.

i guess i would think of an FN before and M&P or a Glock because i prefer external hammers. and the FN is similar in function as my Sig P220 so it would be in my comfort level.

i'm not interested in competing and i plan on just toting it around and hoping i never have to use it :D

good question tho :D

jake

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If I'm able to make some matches this year. I'm going to use my FNP9. I prefer a hammer over a striker. I have shot enough, that I really do not even notice the transition from DA to SA. Especially after carrying and qualifying with a 92FS in the service, and the DA trigger on the FN, in my opinion is lighter then on the 92FS. That's me though. Plus for me it's about having fun and learning. Not what spot I'm at on the leader board. Plus, the FNP is my daily carry gun.

My :twocents:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    If I'm able to make some matches this year. I'm going to use my FNP9. I prefer a hammer over a striker. I have shot enough, that I really do not even notice the transition from DA to SA. Especially after carrying and qualifying with a 92FS in the service, and the DA trigger on the FN, in my opinion is lighter then on the 92FS. That's me though. Plus for me it's about having fun and learning. Not what spot I'm at on the leader board. Plus, the FNP is my daily carry gun.

My :twocents:

:rockwoot:

Its all about what works for you, hope you do make it to those matches!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

It's a matter of preference. I'll take my FNP over a Glock or M&P every day of the week, and twice on Sunday. It's what I shoot the most accurately. I tried the whole striker fired pistol trend, and I went back to the hammer fired platform. Again, that's my personal preference. My Dad even said I could use his M&P 9 Pro, if I shoot in any matches.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    i guess i would think of an FN before and M&P or a Glock because i prefer external hammers. and the FN is similar in function as my Sig P220 so it would be in my comfort level.

i'm not interested in competing and i plan on just toting it around and hoping i never have to use it :D

good question tho :D

jake

I'm with you Jake, I like the decocker function of my Sigs and HKs. A FNP45 went for 430 on GB today. I almost tossed a bid on it but I'm holding out for a FNP 45 Tactical. If you read about the development of the FNP it was for a DOD SOCOM type of contract bid that was scrapped. I personally think it has features of traditional Sig and HK. There are new ones on Buds for $5xxish. Where else can you get a full size 45, 3 mags, case, 2nd backstrap for that price?

Just my .02. :ingo:

SundayShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Hancock County
    The newest handgun to join my flock was an FNP 45 Tactical in November. Since then, it has somehow grown a Trijicon RMR 3 sight and an Insight M6 light/laser. The next addition that I hope for is a 45 Osprey suppressor. This is the best .45 handgun that I have ever fired. Absolutely love it. Be advised, this is not a gun for someone with small hands. Also, at this time there are not many holster options available.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I think they are great. I'm going to pick up a .45 tactical this fall. Firend has a 9mm and he's had zero issues with it. Great accuracy out of the box and a pretty good trigger.

I think they are similar to an USP but a better overall pistol. The price is really low for the quality also. FN and CZ pistols are the most underrated or under appreciated handguns on the market right now.

There are 9mm and 40 models that I prefer to the FN, but I think the .45 is one of the best non 1911, .45's you can get.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom