Opinions on changes in CZ since the Colt Aqcuisition?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    Please let me know if this is the wrong place to post...

Want to see how others feel CZ is, compared to before the Colt Acquisition.

The CZ made firearms, I believe haven't changed, however customer service is a lot worse from my understanding. Due to a marketing snafu from CZ, my P07 and P09 both were not delivered as advertised, and I have yet to receive my compensation from CZ(they no longer have suppressor height sights for these models, they couldn't fix the issue, so they promised me spare mags instead. It has been a few months with radio silence).
    The slide markings have changed, not a huge deal overall to me, though the white color fill on the new markings is kinda dumb in my opinion.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I emailed them a few weeks ago with a question about mags for cz kadets…still waiting to hear back.

I was hoping that cz would improve Colt, but I think Colt is tarnishing cz!

I remember an old episode of married with children, Peggy won a contest and got a free personal trainer for a week, every time he asked her to do exercises her response was “bon bon!”…by the end of the week the trainer was eating bon bons and sitting in the couch watching Oprah with Peggy.

Peggy=colt
    Cz=personal trainer!

Please don’t turn my cz into Colt!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Please let me know if this is the wrong place to post...

Want to see how others feel CZ is, compared to before the Colt Acquisition.

The CZ made firearms, I believe haven't changed, however customer service is a lot worse from my understanding. Due to a marketing snafu from CZ, my P07 and P09 both were not delivered as advertised, and I have yet to receive my compensation from CZ(they no longer have suppressor height sights for these models, they couldn't fix the issue, so they promised me spare mags instead. It has been a few months with radio silence).
    The slide markings have changed, not a huge deal overall to me, though the white color fill on the new markings is kinda dumb in my opinion.
    Be happy you got the standard height sights...the supressor height sights suck, which is maybe why they discontinued them. The rear sight in my son's P09 can be pushed back and forth with your thumb, and when we cranked down on the set screw to tighten it, it canted it in the dovetail. Clearly, the tolerances are off.

His gun is getting milled for an optic, and as a result the factory rear sight dovetail is going away and a new one is being milled behind it for a glock-style rear sight, so for us it's a non issue and I didn't bother calling to complain, but they really screwed the pooch on the factory parts.

I also had an issue with the plastic rear right on my 457 Scout. I called CZ about it and talked to a really nice guy on the phone, but he told me I had to fill out the online support form to get a replacement. I hung up, did that, and then never heard from them again. I solved that issue as well by removing the sights and mounting a scope, but I'm not really impressed with CZ customer service, or their rear sights.

DD15CBUS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2024
    Columbus
    Be happy you got the standard height sights...the supressor height sights suck, which is maybe why they discontinued them. The rear sight in my son's P09 can be pushed back and forth with your thumb, and when we cranked down on the set screw to tighten it, it canted it in the dovetail. Clearly, the tolerances are off.

His gun is getting milled for an optic, and as a result the factory rear sight dovetail is going away and a new one is being milled behind it for a glock-style rear sight, so for us it's a non issue and I didn't bother calling to complain, but they really screwed the pooch on the factory parts.

I also had an issue with the plastic rear right on my 457 Scout. I called CZ about it and talked to a really nice guy on the phone, but he told me I had to fill out the online support form to get a replacement. I hung up, did that, and then never heard from them again. I solved that issue as well by removing the sights and mounting a scope, but I'm not really impressed with CZ customer service, or their rear sights.
    I haven't had issues at all with the P10C tall sights, and was hoping for the tall sights out the box on the 07/09 so I could see over my Rad45 easier, and not feel the urge to mill those (leave them as irons training pistols).
    I will likely just go with Dawson Precision sights and get the setup that route, since the P07/09 are both superb suppressor hosts out of the box otherwise.

I understand mistakes can happen, but for marketing to not find that issue for almost 2 years is a pretty annoying one. Once found they gave me multiple different responses on a fix, finally ending with "we can't replace the sights, we don't have them, but we will send you some magazines"

I was told the same thing, online form, etc. I am going to call back at some point, just to see, because they basically just let it fall to the back. I love the pistols, just not sure how much I love their service at the moment. As an aside, I have called Sig for various things, always get a person, always a solution instantly. Ruger, same way, always a person, always a solution.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    My experiences with customer services
    Colt…sent my gun 3 times and it wasn’t fixed
    Ruger…10/22 problems, called and they asked if I wanted to send it to them or if I wanted the parts sent to me,
    Ruger precision rimfire, screw was stripped from the factory, sent replacement no charge
    Ruger 22/45, I was reassembling it and the hammer strut fell out of place, gun was stuck couldn’t take it apart again, sent it and fixed free and only gone a week! (I know how to fix it myself now!)
    Ati (the 22 mp5 clone) multiple ftf, sent it back they replaced a few parts and it shot every ammo! (The cs person at ati told me the had a 3 year warranty to the original owner, I said I was at least the second as I bought it used, she asked for the serial number, then said it was never registered and that I was the original owner!), a while later I had a out of battery and it ripped the case rim off, I sent it in they replaced the barrel free!

Sig (you buy our stuff and we hate you) sauer…I called about my 320 legion the loaded chamber slot in the barrel was making my optic dirty it was putting a black line of carbon straight up and over the dot, I’d read that sig had removed the slot, I called they said they could replace the barrel and charge me, but I’d have to send the gun and it could take 6-8 weeks, I said “for a drop in part?”and said forget it I’ll wipe my optic off…2 years later I got pissed again and called, this time the said well replace the barrel just send us pictures of the sight, so I snapped a couple and sent them off, 4 weeks later I hadn’t heard anything, so I emailed the guy and he replied “I need pictures of the dirty sight”…didn’t say that to me!…but two weeks after I resent the picture I had a barrel free of charge and was told I could keep the old one!, another time I called because my mag release fell out (the plastic catch disappeared) and they sent me one free of charge and said if it happens again they’d want the gun to look at it

Now as I posted above I emailed cz at the end of June and haven’t heard from them, I did get my answers but from a cz forum

And just this week I emailed SDS imports with a question on my Tisas br9, the site said it’d take 3 days for a response, they can’t read a calendar!..cause it took less than 12 hours!

Some companies just know how to take care of their customers!…and then there’s Colt! (And now C(z)olt!)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought a CZ Scorpion from PSA earlier this year and it came with 2 front sights installed instead of a proper front and rear.

Contacted CZ online and never heard back. Called in and got someone and they said they would send a replacement rear sight. I got that within a week, but I also got a scorpion sized empty cardboard box overnighted to my house from I believe CZ based on the address but no info with it. This was before I got the rear sight so I called CZ to ask what's up with the box and they had no idea about it.

Sounds like I lucked out getting my rear sight.

Saw another person on reddit who had the same problem and he said he had contacted and never got a response. I offered him contact info for the CSR I had contacted and he said he reached out to her direct and still never got anything.

Top Bottom