• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    Shot hundreds of Blazer through Kel-Tec, Tauras, Glock, and Smith & Wesson. Had no problems. Keep your firearms clean and you should have minimal problem if any. Putting a front on for everyone, cause thats what the sales team has been instructed to do. High dollar ammo for high dollar profits.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I tried a box of it, when I got my first handgun because it was what they had inexpensively.

Now I usually get federal brass. It's around 10.50/50rds where I usually pick up my ammo, so I guess that's alright.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Sources? Please share!:ingo: I am certainly not going to pass up online ammo if a good deal but simply haven't seen any brass case ammo under $8 a box delivered anywhere for a while now. I check a few online places weekly or so ( Aim, Centerfire ,SG ,Natchez ) but this $7.17+ tax Blazer was hard to pass on.
    I'll have to say I've never noticed Blazer being noticeably dirtier than the cheapo grade brass case rds either.

Where do you purchase blazer for 7.17, just out of curiosity?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've never had an issue with any Blazer whether brass or aluminum except that they are hard to come by. My Springfield 1911, Glocks in 9mm and .45 and my CZ have all shot them without a single issue. I'd never noticed it being dirtier than any other ammo; I'd say if you are afraid of getting your gun dirty, I'd stop shooting it! :D

marine4life

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    South Indy
    2000 rds. That sounds close to the terrorist stockpiling. Libs seem to think that is too much for the normal person to have. Be careful sharing that info.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I hope the blazer brass is good because i have about 2000 rnds of it

Actually, it is junk. I'll take all 2,000 rounds off of your hands for a 'special best friend' price of .01 per round and dispose of it for you. I normally wouldn't treat just anybody that good, but for you I'll make an exception! ;)

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The Wally is usually the cheapest price around. I cant believe Dick's has that good of price. It's typically on the more expensive side.

1-812-402-9100. Call 'em up. Tell 'em you want a price check on item # 076683035097. The cheapest 9mm I've seen at Wally is Tula at $9.47. I think I'd rather have the Blazer@$7.97.
    Mine's been ringing up @10% off= $7.17 and I don't know why... maybe a sale or something
    10 boxes was $76.72 OTD. Even at $7.97 I'd still take it over Tula @$9.47.

Last edited:

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Blazer Aluminum is fine.

Shot thousands of rounds through several guns years ago.

Always did fine. Maybe one failure in a thousand.

I tend to shoot Balzer Brass more these days, but aluminum at the right price would be fine.

Vanguard.45

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    There is not, and never has been, problems with Blazer aluminum in 9mm.

After one reload, however, .45acp will fail.

Don't reload aluminum :D

It's been so long since I bought practice ammo, man... I only do when I need more brass, but even then I have found sources for brass.

Josh

Top Bottom