• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I have a new SR9c on the way. Went into my local Dicks Sporting Goods to check out ammo for taget practice. Found the Blazer 9mm aluminum at a very good price. But two store jockey's behind the counter talked me out of it. Claiming the ammo has problems in many guns.

I'm a newbie, it's all greek to me.
    Advice please!
    Thanks.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    At least 500 plus rounds without major issues. I have the occasional misfeeds, but I have those with bass ammo too. The best thing is to try out many different brands to see what works best in your pistol. Welcome to INGO.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I've shot a boat load of 9mm and .45ACP Blazer Aluminum in several different guns - never had a bit of trouble. Just put a couple of boxes through my PT-145 today. It's not the cleanest stuff, but it goes bang every time for me.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've shot Blazer aluminum for years and thru a variety of guns as practice and plinking ammo. Never had any trouble at all. Not for reloading tho' if that means anything to you. The price at our Dicks is $7.17 per box. Shelf tag says $7.97 but rings up @ $7.17

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Welcome to INGO.

In before the ride to the ammo section.

I have shot blazer aluminum with no problems. Just don't go to a range that wants only brass. Geez, that could be really tough for them to sort the 2 types of metals.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I've shot Blazer aluminum for years and thru a variety of guns as practice and plinking ammo. Never had any trouble at all. Not for reloading tho' if that means anything to you. The price at our Dicks is $7.17 per box. Shelf tag says $7.97 but rings up @ $7.17

Now that is a deal.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    My Sig P250 won't fire it. You can eject the round and see the dent in it, but for some reason it doesn't work. I can take the same round and put in either Taurus I own and it will fire with no problem.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have put many many rounds of Blazer through several of my guns with no problems. If I am just punchin holes in paper I go with the cheapest ammo I can find so I can get more of it :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I have a new SR9c on the way. Went into my local Dicks Sporting Goods to check out ammo for taget practice. Found the Blazer 9mm aluminum at a very good price. But two store jockey's behind the counter talked me out of it. Claiming the ammo has problems in many guns.

I'm a newbie, it's all greek to me.
    Advice please!
    Thanks.
    Problem #1
    -you're buying a firearm a dicks sporting goods
    problem #2
    -you're listening to what an minimum wadge general help employee has to say about something he probably has no idea about
    problem #3
    -please see problem #1 and continue down the list.

Dr_O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Buy some and shoot it.

If it works okay in YOUR gun buy some more.
    If it doesn't work okay in YOUR gun then don't buy it again.

And be wary of trolls and fanboys.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Problem #1
    -you're buying a firearm a dicks sporting goods
    problem #2
    -you're listening to what an minimum wadge general help employee has to say about something he probably has no idea about
    problem #3
    -please see problem #1 and continue down the list.

1-Nope, didn't buy firearm from Dicks.
    2-I'm trying to edumacate myself, that's why I'm here. ;)

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I shoot blazer all the time through my glock, because it's often the cheapest. I've never had any problems with it and I'll continue to shoot it. I like to buy ammo online so if I were you I would take a look at some online resources. Especially if you're buying in bulk. A lot of times you can get brass ammo online for cheaper than you can get blazer ammo in the stores.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I used to fire it through my Super RedHawk, and found it to be VERY dirty, leaving a lot of crap in the barrel, other than that, it went bang every time I pulled the trigger. I have never ran it through a semi-auto, but I would probably not use it due to the dirtiness of it.:twocents:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I shoot blazer all the time through my glock, because it's often the cheapest. I've never had any problems with it and I'll continue to shoot it. I like to buy ammo online so if I were you I would take a look at some online resources. Especially if you're buying in bulk. A lot of times you can get brass ammo online for cheaper than you can get blazer ammo in the stores.

Sources? Please share!:ingo: I am certainly not going to pass up online ammo if a good deal but simply haven't seen any brass case ammo under $8 a box delivered anywhere for a while now. I check a few online places weekly or so ( Aim, Centerfire ,SG ,Natchez ) but this $7.17+ tax Blazer was hard to pass on.
    I'll have to say I've never noticed Blazer being noticeably dirtier than the cheapo grade brass case rds either.

Top Bottom