• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Im looking for honest opinions here from people who have actually had personal experience with the cobra 380. Heres what Im looking for. Just a inexpensive gun to take fishing and throw in the tackle box or console of the truck when driving. I dont care about if it gets scratched up or hits the ground a couple times.. This gun is just incase I happen to run into a bob cat or coyate or possibly someone trying to mug me but mainly im just looking for a cheapy.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    While I am not an owner (I did have an Jimenez once! :D ), I did work at a gunshop that carried them. I have first hand knowledge of customer accounts with them.

Long story short: 50/50. And the 50% that did work, eventually came back in due to premature wear issues (after a box of ammo usually). Our most returned firearm was the Cobras. About 90 percent of them were extraction issues, none of which were cleared up using different ammo, cleaning or even different mags. I would avoid them.

All in all, for similar cash, a good milsurp pistol (good ol Mosin pistol or CZ70 or P64 in 9mm Mak) are better buys for your EXACT situation (a knockabout gun that one could care less about but is there if something should arise). Another option (as much as I personally dont like em) is a High Point pistol. They are cheap and some have reported decent accuracy and reliability with them. Personally, I would save up a few more bucks and find a more mainstream pistol (like a milsurp or better quality gun). A Mosin pistol just seems to fit the bill on this one. Cheap (around 100 bucks if they arent trying to rip you off), ammo is a bit up there in cost, but practice with the Nagant stuff or .32 long, load with .32 HR Mag for defense.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    They are not made to be fired frequently. If shot 25-30 rounds every so often they are fine. They are not made of quality materials to be shot like glocks.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    in my opinion your better off spending about 250 on a kel tec that you can do whatever you want with. much better built and more reliable but at the same time still fairly inexpensive

Top Bottom