• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "Oh, that was YOUR stand? I had no idea, since it was on MY property". Then give it back to him and remind him where the fence is. I like the idea of posting the exact tree he put it up in.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Give it back once and try and be nice about it, address the other issues and if he isn't receptive then call the CO and sheriff. I have trespassers as well and when I catch them they know not to come back. I'm not very nice when they walk right past my posted signs. I'm generally carrying also. Since I've bought my farm 5 years ago, word has gotten around that I don't like trespassers.

shunsley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    We had the same scenario. We took two stands down and within an hour they came looking. We let them know next time they would get them back in pieces. Never had a problem again.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    While deer hunting this season my brother noticed a tree stand just onto our property. The tree was maybe a foot on our side of the fence line. He told me about it and I suggested he simply leave a note for the neighbor (or whoever was using it) that we also hunt in several spots in our woods.

He kept saying he wanted to take it down and keep it. The neighbor has been an ass for years, trashing our place with beer cans, dumping dead cattle over the fence onto our property, running ATVs through our corn and bean fields, etc.

I should also note that the woods ends on the property line and that his stands faced into our woods and not toward his property. So brother and I went and took it down. He had locked it on the tree with a pad lock and chain. So I left the chain for him on his property with a note to call with any questions.

He called and was upset and wanted his stand back.

So should I give it to him?

(my inclination is to drop it at his house around Xmas cut into little tiny pieces)

So what did you, never seen a report back as to the action you took with the stands ?????

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom