• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zcsmith464

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am in the market for a new carry firearm. I have previously carried a Springfield xd9 subcompact. I prefer to have another 9mm but need something slightly more compact. Could I get some feedback on a Sig 9mm, model suggestions and overall opinions on Sig all together?

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I have a sig 1911 and a 226 in 9mm. I really like both, but neither are compact. I'm not sure what they offer thats smaller than a subcompact but Sig is a good brand in all my experiences.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've only owned the Sig Pro 2022 in 9mm. It was a great value. A little chunky, econo finish, came with tritium sights, but only one magazine. Acceptable accuracy and 100% reliable. I sold it to get another CZ75 (I just like all steel right now). I still think it is a very good buy. I'll probably get a 226 or 229 sometime.

I chose to avoid the 250 series as it's only DA every shot. Not my thing. And the 9mm sub combat single stack was a turn-off.

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Sig 228 in 9mm was the very first HG purchase I made prior to the boat capsizing. Loved that gun. That Sig wasn't very compact, and I rarely ever wore it anywhere. So I can only comment on the brand as one of the two questions you asked, and I think Sigs are awesome.

You mentioned compact, and my current favorite is the Beretta Nano. I think it's a highly overlooked HG, and probably because of the 9mm aspect I'm guessing. But I like it. And I also like the Walther PPS too, both are very easy to CC.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    P226 and P229 are two OF my favorites, but the more of them I shoot and acquire the more of a "Sig fan boy" I become. AWESOME guns. They're not exactly built to be extremely compact, but I'd have no problem putting my life on them.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I am in the market for a new carry firearm. I have previously carried a Springfield xd9 subcompact. I prefer to have another 9mm but need something slightly more compact. Could I get some feedback on a Sig 9mm, model suggestions and overall opinions on Sig all together?

The only guns SIG makes that would be smaller than an XD9SC are

1) P239, 9mm or .40 - similar height/length, but thinner; also heavier, and lower capacity

2) P938, 9mm - smaller, slimmer and lighter, but lower capacity and significantly more expensive. Also, single-action w/ manual safety a la 1911, which is a very different manual of arms than what you're used to.

3) P238, .380 - the 938's baby brother. See above.

4) P232, .380 - Walther-ish, all-metal, double-action design... if you're carrying a gun that large these days, it should be at least a 9mm. :)

5) 1911 ultra-compact .45

HTH!

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I've got the P250 2some. I use the sub for a CCW, but I also have the full frame 9mm conversion. The DAO is not for everyone. It has a long trigger pull, but I love it. The other thing that is cool is that you can buy the conversion kit and swap to a .40 or .45. Good luck.

SigTom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    I own and carry a p229. Although its heavy, I have a crossbreed holster that is amazing. As far as other alternatives, a p238 or p938 would work great for you too. Go to a gun shop and see what models they have and give them a feel. I'd just do some online research and make your decision then which one looks/feels best.

getem2011

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Lake County

I have owned a couple and have never had any issues. They are straight shooters.

getem2011

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Lake County

I have owned a couple and have never had any issues. They are straight shooters!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The only guns SIG makes that would be smaller than an XD9SC are

1) P239, 9mm or .40 - similar height/length, but thinner; also heavier, and lower capacity

2) P938, 9mm - smaller, slimmer and lighter, but lower capacity and significantly more expensive. Also, single-action w/ manual safety a la 1911, which is a very different manual of arms than what you're used to.

3) P238, .380 - the 938's baby brother. See above.

4) P232, .380 - Walther-ish, all-metal, double-action design... if you're carrying a gun that large these days, it should be at least a 9mm. :)

5) 1911 ultra-compact .45

HTH!

Wouldn't the P290 be smaller too? It's a 9mm

Top Bottom