• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbertsch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Shot an 8 point. My son shot a 4pt. It was his first buck. It was a great father/son experience. You should have seen the grin on his face and mine all day. There's nothing like your first one! I am very proud of him.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Got a nice young doe at 9am. 30-40 yards. Handgun.

Thanks, antsi for helping me dress her out!

Me and the kids ate one of the straps tonight and I waiting for my wife to get home so I, I mean, she can have the other one.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Shot an 8 point. My son shot a 4pt. It was his first buck. It was a great father/son experience. You should have seen the grin on his face and mine all day. There's nothing like your first one! I am very proud of him.
    Yes! Way to go!:):rockwoot:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd be curious if anyone's yet come across tuberculosis or wasting disease?

Hopefully not on any count...

-J-

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Me, I was working! :xmad:

I take a weeks vacation on deer season so I can make it out and still get screwed! I have had to work on opening day are all opening weekend for years. Yes I have too work tomorrow also!!

Working for a living sucks! :xmad: Will have to start doing like some of the others. Take two weeks, the week before and the first week so I can get opening weekend off! Retirement is still to far away!

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    i got this one today:D
    0911140041.JPG

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Spooked 2 going in about 4:30 this afternoon (had to work till 3:30) Busted a covey of quail when I got to my tree. Climbed tree. Heard quail walking back. ANYTHING walking through dried leaves sounds big, by the way. Saw Squirrel. Proceeded to flip kernels of corn to said squirrel (Picked a couple ears up out of the field on my way into woods) Saw about a dozen does coming around the end of a fencerow right to me. Picked Raging Bull .44 Mag. Watched one of the larger does walk right into my shooting window. Got a nice doe about 5:45.

Can see pics in album, but having trouble posting them here

Last edited:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Sat on the other ridge for the afternoon... lots of sign and tracks.... ZERO deer.... I almost can't believe it...

Hey HICKMAN, don't feel bad. I hadn't seen a deer the last 7 times out.

On a side not...saw a guy in the burger king drive thru with 4 deer in his bed, tailgate down for them on display. What and boob

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Had two does blaze across the field a couple hundred yards away this AM like the devil was on their tale.

Got in our stand and saw a doe that was probably born this year bed down about 125 yards away. Didn't feel good about the shot, too much brush in the way, so I let her walk.

We'll probably pop some squirrels till 11:30, then head back north to Indy to nap and watch football.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    Damn several nice deers in here. Good luck to the rest of you guys. Maybe I need to start deer hunting. I have never been before. Actually I have only been hunting once my whole life and that was squirrel.

Top Bottom