• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    T-Dogg: I'm sure Mrs. T-Dogg appreciates your attire around the house. :naughty:

Feeling the pregnancy cravings, BK?

Here's a gun-related question I don't think has ever been discussed before: Alien abductions. What is the best sidearm to terminate E.T.'s anal probing? :hooked:
    Yep, and those damn pregnant women keep smacking me:D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I have read a lot about open carry on here, I have no issue with it, but it is not a method I understand a whole lot about.

Just skip the last step of carrying concealed (where you normally would cover it up) and you'll just be carrying.
    That's really all there is to this "method", it's just carrying without concealing. ;)

I have always thought of it as showing your cards to the bad guy before you get to play them in a defensive situation. I would like to understand this carry method better and know you can help me do so.

Thanks

I went back and found some of my past responses to the "poker analogy". As you can see, my view hasn't changed much over the years.

Also, I've bolded your own words above which you will see addressed below in my quoted 2011 response, which I find a bit disturbing (but not entirely uncommon.)

From 2009:
    Not exactly.

In real life, I'd rather show that I have a strong hand and cause them to fold early.

Playing cards, I might prefer to feign weakness and sucker them into making a bet.

Huge difference when that bet is my life.

From 2011:
    To hear many people talk, they hide the fact that they are armed primarily in the hopes that they will get to draw their weapon.

This act will somehow "surprise" the bad guy, who they duped into believing they were an easy target.
    I mean, really, how dare they have the means or the will to resist victimization and hide that fact until after they've been selected and engaged?

Their "pocket aces" won't garner enough action if the bad guys see them and fold, opting to wait for a more opportune hand to play.

Risk vs. reward. Personally, I'd rather they fold. I'd rather not [strike]get to[/strike] need to use a weapon. If I do need to, fumbling for my "surprise" after they begin their attack is probably not going to end up as glorious as I'd imagined.

:twocents:

And 2013:
    So they'll fold before they become vested in the pot. I'm not trying to fool them into betting against me like I might if it were just a game.

In life, every time they fold, I win.

In life, I don't actually win anything extra by suckering them in even if I manage to ultimately defeat them.

One of the poorest analogies to bring up if you really think about it, but it certainly crops up a lot.

But I don't care if you cover your gun or not. Enjoy!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Exactly. Some people put some much into concealing. They carry small guns in IWB holsters, dress a certain way, and it's all too consuming.

I carry the gun I want to carry, wear what I want to wear, and I never have less than 46 rounds on my person when I'm out of the house.

It's a lot harder to do that if you conceal. I'd rather carry a real gun and be comfortable.

Agreed. I used to carry my gun a certain way and TRIED to make it comfortable for me and not "scare" anyone. I had to wear certain clothes, specifically shirts that were long and large enough to cover up the stuff I wanted to carry. When I found out that OC was NOT illegal, it was the greatest thing I never knew about.
    Besides, why should I hide who I am, to "convenience" others? T-Dogg's got nothing to hide. :cool:

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    T-Dogg: I'm sure Mrs. T-Dogg appreciates your attire around the house. :naughty:

Feeling the pregnancy cravings, BK?

Here's a gun-related question I don't think has ever been discussed before: Alien abductions. What is the best sidearm to terminate E.T.'s anal probing? :hooked:
    Sphincter fired 12 ga.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OC vs. CC is so.....yesterday.

The new hotness is JFC.

It is kinda like concealing, only you don't have to be anal about hiding it.

It is also kinda like carrying openly, only you don't care if it gets covered by a jacket or something.

Just Carry. That's all there is to it.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    OC vs. CC is so.....yesterday.

The new hotness is JFC.

It is kinda like concealing, only you don't have to be anal about hiding it.

It is also kinda like carrying openly, only you don't care if it gets covered by a jacket or something.

Just Carry. That's all there is to it.

Just F***ing Carry? That is a much better suggestion than OC/CC!

I have a concealed holster, but i don't bother to cover it most of the times. If they see it, so be it. Wear what is comfortable, not what other people prefer.

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013

for the probing: a cork
    for getting off the ship: your not going so just go muslim for 5 min

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Scenario:

Tall skinny white dude is high on an extension ladder fixing the exterior of one of his properties. Young American yute approaches and has the audacity to threaten to run off with some of the tools still lying on the ground.

Yute: Yo dude, I could be half way down the block with yo **** before you even got down off dat ladder. I'd be home free.

TSWD: Not unless you can run faster than 1200fps.

Now, do you want to take the chance that the yute is smart enough to decode the inuendos of the last statement or do you want to make damn sure he knows without a doubt what it means?

That was a true story by the way. OC saved that young yute's life. :D

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    Oh my, what an interesting topic to discuss. I'm glad we here at INGO can bring up new and exciting, and who know...possibly contentious, topics such as this OC thing the OP speaks of.

What's the best twist for my AR? Do you like Mosins? Want to see a picture of my AK?

Don't like repeat posts? Don't read it.

squintz22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Between FW and Indy
    well. Huh.

I guess I appreciate this thread...only because it didn't really occur to me that I could OC when I run. (Main reason I'm waiting on my pretty pink card is for when I'm running alone)

Except the clothes I wear when I run do NOT lend themselves in any way to CC.

And now I'm going to see the easiest way to carry, as opposed to what makes everybody else comfortable I think. Carrying will make ME comfortable when I run, whether its concealed or not. Maybe open will keep the creepers on the bikes away...

(Yes I'm new. Yes I'm still researching. No I'm not carrying yet.)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    well. Huh.

I guess I appreciate this thread...only because it didn't really occur to me that I could OC when I run. (Main reason I'm waiting on my pretty pink card is for when I'm running alone)

Except the clothes I wear when I run do NOT lend themselves in any way to CC.

And now I'm going to see the easiest way to carry, as opposed to what makes everybody else comfortable I think. Carrying will make ME comfortable when I run, whether its concealed or not. Maybe open will keep the creepers on the bikes away...

(Yes I'm new. Yes I'm still researching. No I'm not carrying yet.)

Instead, they will be replaced by creepy lonely INGOers who love women carrying guns.

I recommend looking at several of the OC threads, and the what to do if.... threads. When you OC, many people don't notice. But for those that do, I find it works to have an answer ready beforehand, so you don't go "oh, ah, um, you know....".
    Treat it as "matter of fact". Like it's there, what's the big deal?????
    Just my opinion.

Here are some links I keep handy.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._5_court_cases_every_carrier_should_know.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...our_rights_what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._in_gun_laws_w_ic_and_no_gun_sign_no_biz.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...gies_when_debating_gun_control_advocates.html

Top Bottom