• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Overland, MO
    You must be anti-Open Carry

Gathering of idiots (on both sides).

Neither parties had much command/knowledge of the law.

Your arrogance in your comment is appalling. Why you claim to support 2A rights and then bash anyone to whom is actively using them in a civil manner is my question. So great lord of police interactions. If you were one of these guys what would you have done in this situation?

Doc

OCMO-gun-120.gif

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Your arrogance in your comment is appalling. Why you claim to support 2A rights and then bash anyone to whom is actively using them in a civil manner is my question. So great lord of police interactions. If you were one of these guys what would you have done in this situation?

Doc

First I don't open carry on a regular basis, however I have in the past and have never had a problem.

Secondly, I know my local, state and federal regulations regarding the carry and ownership of firearms very well in my opinion. Heck I even carry copies of certain regulation in my vehicle.

I can say most instances of LEO interactions I have had in my life have been very positive.

I watched video again and I can say that I stand by my statements:
    I hear "I think" from both the citizens and leo.

"I think" does not come into play when carrying a gun around, know your laws.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Overland, MO
    First I don't open carry on a regular basis, however I have in the past and have never had a problem.

Secondly, I know my local, state and federal regulations regarding the carry and ownership of firearms very well in my opinion. Heck I even carry copies of certain regulation in my vehicle.

I can say most instances of LEO interactions I have had in my life have been very positive.

I watched video again and I can say that I stand by my statements:
    I hear "I think" from both the citizens and Leo.

"I think" does not come into play when carrying a gun around, know your laws.

In the interactions I use the words I thought to be not to aggressive to the LEO. I knew and still do know the laws of that jurisdictions. I have read several of your past posts and from that and the comment calling some one peaceably Open Carrying an "Idiot" for not saying the exact words you think you would say is pompous and arrogant to say the least. This will be the last post I will be directing toward you as I can see your ego is to out of control to expect a reasonably unbiased response.

Doc

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...This will be the last post I will be directing toward you as I can see your ego is to out of control to expect a reasonably unbiased response.

Doc

Wow. My support of OC is undeniable yet I see more arrogance in your first 2 posts here at INGO so far.

Please, take a deep breath and start over.

BTW, are you one of the carriers in this video?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Glad to have you here and welcome to INGO.

If you respond non-aggressively here as you did on the video, you'll get more support and probably end up making some friends and influencing others. :yesway:

Try not to take it personally, but hosting a video on the web does open you up to a certain amount of scrutiny.
    Just roll with it and make your points.

:)

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Agree with OC or don't. It's been debated here so many times, and frankly, I'm always amazed at arguments like, "the bg will take your gun," or "take you out first."
    I'm not amazed based on the merits of the argument or the lack of merit, I won't comment on my view, just that the person posting often seems to believe they're the first person to have ever thought of that possibility.

So, again, agree or disagree. My issue is, is it legal or isn't it? Or is there some kind of in-between legal that means you must get stopped and detained by every cop who doesn't know the law? If it's legal, it's legal. If it's not, it's not. Try and reverse the argument on a cop: Yes, officer, I know that TECHNICALLY it's illegal, but I think you should leave me alone because even if it's illegal, it doesn't make sense to enforce it.

Which is the reverse of the argument that even if it's legal, it's reasonable that you'll bring on some enforcement if you do it.

To paraphrase the reverse argument I've heard on this very board: Hey, if you don't like the law, get it changed. As long as my action is legal, leave me the ____ alone.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Overland, MO
    Actually

WTF at ~7:20 ?!?

officer: "is yours a 9 also?"

guy: mumble that sounds like "I didn't look when I got it"

Actually

officer says "Is yours a 9 as well? I didn't look?"

Guy gives shallow unamused yes nod off camera.

Officer Howe did not know what either weapon was due to the fact he never cleared or safety checked either gun.

Doc

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Even though it is a right, I myself would not OC at all in Missouri or anywhere else. It's causes drama and look how long law enforcement were held up. If they were needed on an officer down call I seriously doubt they would have just let the challengers go before a good check. I hope it never gets to the point where they see so many OC'ers they can't distinguish GG BG and quit checking licenses as a result of not enough manpower. Heck, even the bg can carry in the open then. A man with a gun call could be the gg or bg.

Haven't read all the posts in this thread yet, but I had to pause to respond to the bolded part.

On an Officer Down call the only reason I wouldn't dump what I was doing and run is if I was dealing with the suspected shooter of the Officer. An Officer goes down.........for whatever the reason may be, you drop what you are doing and go........period.

Top Bottom